Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

This won't be your cup of tea unless you like prog rock.

Awaken by Yes..........this is an instrumental cover version, and I think it's a great interpretation.

Steve

..........just watching a Sky series called Save me, all about the kidnap of a teenage girl, and at the end of episode three there is a song playing..........it's a haunting cover of Who knows where the time goes by Nina Simone. (great version in it's own right).......here's the original, written by Sandy Denny as a demo in 1967........

Steve

I bought nearly all their albums in the early 80's after listening to Riders on the Storm.

I also bought the book No one here gets out alive, the biography by Jerry Hopkins, along with Jim's book of poetry The Lords of the new creatures, both of which I still have.

I found him to be quite intriguing, a bit of a lost soul.

Here's one of my favourite Doors tracks...........

Steve

The Doors experienced a bit of a resurrection in the early 80's, particularly in the UK.
Bands like Siouxsie and the Banshees listed them as inspirational and so their albums were re released and sold well.

I've been to the Perre Lachaise cemetery in Paris when Morrison is buried - there are many other famous people buried here too.......Oscar Wilde, Bizet, Proust to name a few.

Steve

Last edited:
Some more Doors.......here's a great early version of Moonlight Drive.......very atmospheric.......

Steve

Back