Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

Music, like art, is all down to personal taste - me - I like all sorts, for all sorts of reasons.

Here's another delve into the library of the lout (me)........

Steve

It's me again, with yet another Pink Floyd cover.......this one is a bit "Simon and Garfunkel cover Floyd".......... The Milk Carton Kids cover of Wish you were here.

Steve

Abba.....

Both girls were quite fetching...........

Steve

Genius.........written before he was twenty yrs old............Mike Oldfield and friends recorded in 1973.......Tubular Bells....

Steve

In my opinion that is the best ever pop song.

Hmmmm that's quite a challenge < ;) gets popcorn, large drink and sets up footstool :p >

Let the contention begin.

I'll start <rolls up sleeves, climbs on soapbox>

I attest the following yr honour (What?)

Dancing Queen is one of the most over-rated over-played and over-hyped song of the entire POP-music era (he's going heavy on the hyphens, never a good sign).
Which is seriously saying something as it's by the most overhyped pop band of the the 20th century.
The only people who rate this song have rose tinted hindsight of the most serious kind and should seek mental healthy counselling at the 1st opportunity. (Hah and that's rich coming from @Zinzan)

Hmmmm that's quite a challenge < ;) gets popcorn, large drink and sets up footstool :p >

Let the contention begin.

I'll start <rolls up sleeves, climbs on soapbox>

I attest the following yr honour (What?)

Dancing Queen is one of the most over-rated over-played and over-hyped song of the entire POP-music era (he's going heavy on the hyphens, never a good sign).
Which is seriously saying something as it's by the most overhyped pop band of the the 20th century.
The only people who rate this song have rose tinted hindsight of the most serious kind and should seek mental healthy counselling at the 1st opportunity. (Hah and that's rich coming from @Zinzan)

Hey buster, when I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya.........:singer::singer::singer:
Only joking.....

I have this discussion with my son - what constitutes a great song ? - well, it's many things to many people, and we all know that some of the best songs never made it to the top of the charts - how many times have crap songs been at number 1 - plenty.

I just think that Dancing Queen is great - not my favourite Abba track ( which is Eagle, from the Arrival album), but great in the context of pop culture.

Steve

Back