Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

@steve when you mentioned the sound engineer - have you done music or audio production?

I haven't but my son has a degree in audiology and I've taken an interest in what he was doing to earn that degree........he's now taken a different path for work and is training to be a Paramedic.
I introduced him to Pink Floyd at an early age and we bought him a guitar from a charity shop when he was 12........he subsequently taught himself to play and read music, and is now an accomplished player.

I've always had a keen interest in music and love it when I can hear good quality production - albums like Dark Side of the Moon and Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys are favourites of mine in part because of the high standard of the sound produced.

Steve

Acoustic cover of Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills.........

Steve

......More Bunny West........

Steve

I haven't but my son has a degree in audiology and I've taken an interest in what he was doing to earn that degree........he's now taken a different path for work and is training to be a Paramedic.
I introduced him to Pink Floyd at an early age and we bought him a guitar from a charity shop when he was 12........he subsequently taught himself to play and read music, and is now an accomplished player.

I've always had a keen interest in music and love it when I can hear good quality production - albums like Dark Side of the Moon and Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys are favourites of mine in part because of the high standard of the sound produced.

Steve

What country is your son working as a paramedic? Does he like it?
I'm about half way through the year-long process of applying to St John Ambulance in Australia, as a Student Ambulance Officer.

What country is your son working as a paramedic? Does he like it?
I'm about half way through the year-long process of applying to St John Ambulance in Australia, as a Student Ambulance Officer.

He is in the UK and currently doing his training.

Good luck to you in your application.

Steve

You can't write stuff like this unless you are under the influence..........

Steve

Cory Henry..........nuff said.......

Steve

Smooth. Just like my morning coffee is. :)
A full orchestra and backup vocals.

On the other end of the scale, here's a woman from New Zealand that flies solo.
She has recorded many of her songs in her art studio.
I've got a few of her tracks on my 'Cruisy' playlist in Spotify.

Little Uneasy - Fazerdaze

Bedroom Talks - Fazerdaze

Hey, not being disparaging - I'd be in the crowd too heh heh.
It isn't surprising that the crowd is full of middle-agers or older...the band operated in the 1970's and 1980's.
Great song, great vid of the performance and great post @mTk.

This one still amazes me. A difficult song to cover.
Disturbed is an American heavy metal band from Chicago.
They do a fine job throughout...but it is about mid-way that it starts to rise in power, and reaches an amazing vocal crescendo. Gives me chills every time. :)

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence

They do a fine job throughout...but it is about mid-way that it starts to rise in power, and reaches an amazing vocal crescendo. Gives me chills every time. :)

I've had this on my playlist for years. First because I am a Paul Simon fan. Second because of the reasons you noted. It is badass.

Yes, the voice goes very well with the words. Maybe even better then the soft, polished voices of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.

Back