Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

Watched a movie called "The box" last night on Netflix. In a scene inside of a car "Fearless" was playing on his radio. I always thought that was kind of an obscure song by them, although maybe my favorite.

From the album Meddle, perhaps overshadowed by the likes of Dark Side of The Moon but a fine piece of work nonetheless, which includes as the last track, one of my favourite tracks.......... you need to be in the zone and have time to listen to it without interruption but it's so bloody worth it, and the lyrics are just beautiful.......

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air And deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves The echo of a distant tide Comes willowing across the sand And everything is green and submarine And no one showed us to the land And no one knows the wheres or whys But something stirs and something tries And starts to climb towards the light Strangers passing in the street By chance two separate glances meet And I am you and what I see is me And do I take you by the hand And lead you through the land And help me understand the best I can And no one calls us to move on And no one forces down our eyes No one speaks And no one tries No one flies around the sun Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes Inviting and inciting me to rise And through the window in the wall Come streaming in on sunlight wings A million bright ambassadors of morning And no one sings me lullabies And no one makes me close my eyes So I throw the windows wide And call to you across the sky

Steve

From the album Meddle, perhaps overshadowed by the likes of Dark Side of The Moon but a fine piece of work nonetheless, which includes as the last track, one of my favourite tracks.......... you need to be in the zone and have time to listen to it without interruption but it's so bloody worth it, and the lyrics are just beautiful.......

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air And deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves The echo of a distant tide Comes willowing across the sand And everything is green and submarine And no one showed us to the land And no one knows the wheres or whys But something stirs and something tries And starts to climb towards the light Strangers passing in the street By chance two separate glances meet And I am you and what I see is me And do I take you by the hand And lead you through the land And help me understand the best I can And no one calls us to move on And no one forces down our eyes No one speaks And no one tries No one flies around the sun Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes Inviting and inciting me to rise And through the window in the wall Come streaming in on sunlight wings A million bright ambassadors of morning And no one sings me lullabies And no one makes me close my eyes So I throw the windows wide And call to you across the sky

Steve
Absolutely! Back in the day....72 or so in a different state of mind, the synth parks we referred to as "Dinosaurs fighting"

A Flock Of Seagulls. English band from the 1980's. Bunch of catchy pop hits.
Here's 2 clips - a modern one (the guys are in their 60's now), and one from 1982.

A Flock Of Seagulls - Space Age Love Song (With the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra)

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran

When this was a hit, there were 3 options for listening.
Radio, vinyl record, or Sony Walkman cassette player. :)

Reactions: mTk
A Flock Of Seagulls. English band from the 1980's. Bunch of catchy pop hits.
Here's 2 clips - a modern one (the guys are in their 60's now), and one from 1982.

A Flock Of Seagulls - Space Age Love Song (With the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra)

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran

When this was a hit, there were 3 options for listening.
Radio, vinyl record, or Sony Walkman cassette player. :)

When this was a hit, there was one ridiculous haircut..........

Crackin name for a band.......and this has a certain "je ne sais quoi" in a Johhny Cash sorta way about it........

Steve

21 Pilots is a band out of Ohio.
My sons introduced me to their music, and several of their songs have been finding their way onto my playlists.

twenty one pilots - Ride

twenty one pilots: House of Gold

This is rather exquisite........the piano is sublime........and the vocal spot on.......

Steve

With the release of the Elton John film Rocket Man I was reminded of this great cover.......

Steve

....Another crackin cover by Josh and friends

Steve

Back