Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

@Buckykatt a good friend of mine is a keyboard player in several local bands. He looks like Jesus. :)
He insists on using an old speaker from the 70's that has a whirling, rotating mechanism at the top which throws the sound around.
I think it might be Wurlitzer brand from memory. He says it is a better quality of sound than modern speakers, especially for synth.

Today I am enjoying my morning coffee with this one. Jonsi is a Icelandic musician.
I like the frenetic tempo of this. "Everything's full of life". Turn it UP. ;)

Last edited:
@Buckykatt a good friend of mine is a keyboard player in several local bands. He looks like Jesus. :)
He insists on using an old speaker from the 70's that has a whirling, rotating mechanism at the top which throws the sound around.
I think it might be Wurlitzer brand from memory. He says it is a better quality of sound than modern speakers, especially for synth.

Today I am enjoying my morning coffee with this one. Jonsi is a Icelandic musician.
I like the frenetic tempo of this. "Everything's full of life".

Yes, a favorite band of mine "Steppenwolf" used that effect referred to as a "Leslie" that may be the same thing...

As an 18 yr old in 1980 I discovered The Doors after listening to to Siouxsie and the Banshees.........

I subsequently went out and bought most of their albums and here's a couple of my favourite tracks of theirs

......and this is just plain catchy......

I also read Jim Morrison's book of poetry, The Lords and the New Creatures, along with the biography No one here gets out alive written by Jerry Hopkins.

.....posted these guys before, very talented, and this is a great cover.......

Steve

...and this one is even better.......

Steve

Hey @Vartuoosi, flicking through some pages on this thread I realised that it was you who first posted "The Government Knows" song.
I'm losing track of where all the media showering me is coming from! Funny as hell, thanks for posting. I will be sharing far and wide haha.

@Nort Came back home utterly boozed tonight (a rare occurrence) and indeed, I "feel like they do". A pleasure to listen. Love the distortion pedal (talk box?) in that song.
Here's another song that 'feels like I do' right now. Have a good weekend (even if you are working). Energy.

Emperors - Be Ready When I Say Go

Last edited:
Do you feel like we do

Got the album (Frampton comes alive) for Xmas in 1976 and proceeded to get banned from playing it on the record player in the Common Room at boarding school when I got back after the break............the Housemaster threatened to take it off me!!.........made up for it when I got home on the next holiday, only to find that my mum had the same idea as the housemaster........so I got some headphones!!

Steve

Following on from Nort's great Frampton post, here's a bloody brilliant guitar cover of that track - this guy really deserves some credit!!

Steve

A very polished performance here by a talented group of musicians........some fabulous keyboard, drums and guitar work...

Steve

Back