Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What do you like about Combat Mission videos?

What do you enjoy about Combat Mission AAR/DAR videos? Select all the apply.

• Watching the player give orders/plot his turn.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Watching a cinematic playback of the action without the game UI (ex. Jose Wales, Double).

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Watching the playback from the game interface as if you were the player (ex: Ithikial, JohnsyFGM).

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Hearing historical commentary about the weapons, vehicles or formations being used.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Hearing the player discuss gameplay tactics and techniques.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • None of the above. I don't watch Combat Mission videos.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
L

Lt. Smash

I have started working on a new Combat Mission AAR/DAR video series for YouTube. The goal is to keep each video bite sized (5-10 mins each) with a scenario strung together as a playlist. This gives viewers with a short attention span or limited time the ability to watch as much or little of the AAR/DAR as he or she wants and easily pick it back up later. To fine tune my approach, I'd like your input about you like in such videos.

Thanks for your feedback.

Smash, out!

THIS, THIS, THIS

I didn't vote for watching a player plot their turn but I would have voted for "Watching a player assess the pre-battle situation and create mission plans (Josey Wales)". Is that included in "Hearing the player discuss gameplay techniques and tactics"?

5-10 minute clips are too short, I would say shoot for twenty.

Its all good, it just depends on how its presented and how engaging it is.

A poorly done CM cinematic video where the viewer has no idea what's going on is a lot less interesting than a well done video of a player micro managing the orders for a battalion.

Make what you want to make, make it good and people will watch it!

I like all kinds of content. From the excellent documentary like videos that Josey puts up to the more turn-by-turn assesment and orders that provides someone like Halpless.
I also enjoy Guetapens a lot, sure it is Graviteam tactics but the montages with the music and the amazing shots are well worth my time.

Its all good, it just depends on how its presented and how engaging it is.

A poorly done CM cinematic video where the viewer has no idea what's going on is a lot less interesting than a well done video of a player micro managing the orders for a battalion.

Make what you want to make, make it good and people will watch it!
Speaking of videos, some of us are impatiently waiting on your next series Mr Hapless.

Back