Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

When will I learn to not trust the government?

When I built the place I'm in now it was very early on that I decided no gas connection. All kitchen products are electric as well as the hot water system (Heat Pump - think a refridgerator in reverse... or Google it). The upfront cost was somewhat more expensive during the build but paying dividends now with all utitlity costs coming in at around $300 a month combined for the 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom and 2 kitchen home. (multigenerational house). Utilities include electric, water & communications inc mobile phones. Will drop further once I get solar panels on the roof next year. Gas would have been just another bill on top of the three I get now and another moving price to worry about.

There is no gas line where I live, but I've considered getting a large propane tank and converting my fireplace to gas logs. I would also like a gas range in the kitchen, as I'm not a fan of electric ranges.

Back