Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

When you've basically lost the CM battle...

<Salutes
Permission to Speak, Mein Generaaal!
<Snappy Flourish> (Whut! - Sh1t... Alert ONE, I say again ALERT 1)

May I (respecfully) request you repost this pic in the galleries. I'd (most respectfully) suggest this section, Sir!

Thank You, SIR!

(OK emergency management in place, editing ongoing. Hold it together folks..)

...but just hang on and run the clock down, making yourself as annoying as possible to your opponent. :D

View attachment 16704

Ta @Rico @Bootie
(Phew, stand down, but don't relax too much)

...but just hang on and run the clock down, making yourself as annoying as possible to your opponent. :D

View attachment 16704

Hell. I always fight to the very last man as @Badger73 can attest. Some of the very best games are the ones where miracles are pulled off. It can be really hard for an attacker to dig out defenders who know what they are doing.

I laugh when people surrender for "humanitarian" reasons. You may be surprised to learn that your pixeltruppen are not real people! ;-)

Hell. I always fight to the very last man as @Badger73 can attest. Some of the very best games are the ones where miracles are pulled off. It can be really hard for an attacker to dig out defenders who know what they are doing.

I laugh when people surrender for "humanitarian" reasons. You may be surprised to learn that your pixeltruppen are not real people! ;-)

I have to say I find it pretty cringeworthy when my opponent does a human wave zombie assault at the end of the game. Better to just concede the game gracefully, I think.

As I see it, the whole point of playing CM instead of one of the hundreds of other games is that it's more realistic. No reason to spoil that towards the end just for the tiniest chance of a miracle. If your opponent got you to that level, he deserves a proper victory, not shooting fish in a barrel.

All in my humble opinion of course. Just to provide another take on it.

So tournaments, (at least all the ones I've played in) don't allow surrender. Surrender in ladder games gives the victor, a greater level of victory, and hence more ladder points. Finally, surrender gives an unrealistic AAR in that your opponent gets credit for a 100% of pretty much everything. Realistically speaking, the losing side would retreat, if possible, but you can't do that in CM. So when the game is a lost cause, the challenge becomes, 'What can I do with what I have left?', which I often find an enjoyable way to continue as game time winds down. Unless it's a friendly that my opponent appears to have lost interest in, I'm playing til the buzzer sounds. Making a "human wave zombie assault", gets you scratched from my dance card.

Realistically speaking, the losing side would retreat, if possible, but you can't do that in CM. So when the game is a lost cause, the challenge becomes, 'What can I do with what I have left?', which I often find an enjoyable way to continue as game time winds down.

Definitely! Tenacious defence can be a lot of fun to play out. And actually I've even managed to turn a couple of games around and win them just by trying my best till the end, even though I was sure I had lost. The beauty of the fog of war system in this game is that often, your opponent doesn't know just how bad things are on your side :)

Back