Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Where will you be (or where you want to be) when you are 65?

So the point that man was trying to get across is he is probably making $40+ an hour doing a trade, while the high school teacher that disparaged him is probably making $30k ish a year. Bottom line here in the USA is we need more individuals willing to work the trades.

So the point that man was trying to get across is he is probably making $40+ an hour doing a trade, while the high school teacher that disparaged him is probably making $30k ish a year. Bottom line here in the USA is we need more individuals willing to work the trades.

There's a concerted effort in Wisconsin to make that so. There's a shortage of plumbers, electricians, HVAC guys, and so forth. High schools are re-evaluating graduation into college and doing a better job of evaluating aptitudes for students better served by going to Technical Schools instead. I think Europe is decades ahead of America on this.

I am 44 now and the organisation I work for will force me to retire at age 60 so I have quite a few years left yet.

I am saving for my retirement and hope that it will be enough.

As to where I will be at age 65 - hopefully living in either Graaff-Reinet or Port-Elizabeth, painting miniatures, playing some games and swearing at local politicians.

Speaking of board wargamers @mTk I just bought this for my 10 year old grandson for X-mas. He is into this kind of thing.
View attachment 16060

Loved this game. Hope you play it with him. I started with boardgames (DDay, Tactics 2, Blitzkrieg) and it's been a lifelong hobby. I still have most of my boardgames but am well into the computer end of gaming. There is a very good gaming store about a mile from my house and they have a gaming room and an active community of gamers playing more modern stuff I have never heard of so maybe I need to take an old-school game over there and see if I can proselytize some folks to old-school gaming.

Just plain alive, everything else is bonus. (Happiness, money, health come second to the first prize - still being here.)

A lot of board game war gamers here.

I was a big Avalon Hill board gamer.
I started probably playing around 1964 when I was 8.
I started with Tactics II and Blitzkrieg.
I had about every game they put out from Tactics II to Advanced Squad leader.

tG5fadb.jpg
HvrDS1D.jpg
-----
i4IdKYW.jpg

Back