Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Who won, the 88's or the T-34's? ANSWER:see final post

P

PoorOldSpike

I happened to be running this test and thought i'd throw it into the quiz section for fun to see if anybody can guess the losses on each side.

October 1941, the 2x veteran 88's are in scattered trees under the command of a +2 combat rated officer.
Clear weather, midday.
There are 8x regular T-34/76 Model 41's at about 1000-metres range, that's 4 to 1 odds in favour of the tanks.
I began the game as hotseat but never issued any orders, i just let them shoot it out while I watched.

First question-
How many 88's were destroyed?
How many T-34's were destroyed?

Second question-
I then deleted 2 T-34's so it was now 2x 88's against 6x T-34's so the odds were now 3 to 1 in favour of the tanks.
How many 88's were destroyed?
How many T-34's were destroyed?

testA.jpg

Re: Who won, the 88's or the T-34's?

Were the tanks all unbuttoned?

and did the CO have any stealth bonus?

And how long did you run the test for?

Yeah the tanks all started unbuttoned.

The officer had no stealth or other bonuses except a +2 command rating.

I ran each test 3 times to get an average losses figure rather than rely on just one test run.
Each test auto-ended after a few turns when all of one sides units were destroyed

In that case the time period probably doesn't matter.

My guess is both guns fired, got spotted straight away and got wiped out by HE fire after 3 or 4 shots each so i'm gonna say 3 t-34s for the first one and maybe 4 for the second one with both guns KO'd

I may be underating the 88s here or overating the T-34s but in a 8 on 2 situation where all the tanks have a good chance of spotting both guns quickly i don't think the 88s faired well

I'll post the answer in a few days, meantime i'll edit everybody's guesses into this chart-

Jonny-
First question (2 against 8)- "2 dest 88's, 3 dest T-34's"
Second question (2 against 6)- "2 dest 88's, 4 dest T-34's"

Nathangun-
"I reckon the 88's won"

Hedgehog-
"the 88's have the winning day"

2054172-
"I vote 88s as the winners"

Bert Blitzkrieg
"usually the 88's will win this encounter"

Umlaut
"I´ll say the T-34´s lost 2 and 3 tanks before knocking the 88´s out"

mTk
"I'm going to vote for the T-34's"

Cargol
"I say 3 or 4 T34 Destroyed before the 88's were destroyed"

DynoRyder
"the 88 lost one gun , the t 34's lost 4 tanks and 1 tank were gun damaged,and 1 t34 was scared and ran off the map"

If the T-34's were direct firing, I reckon the 88's won.
If the the T-34's were on area fire the T-34's won.

Both sides units were under computer control and it ain't got the brains to do area-fire mate

I vote 88s as the winners

If it was a one off test, the T34's may have been lucky and eventually won. But usually the 88's will win this encounter.

I don´t think the 88´s will win against 8 nor 6 T-34´s. I´ll say the T-34´s lost 2 and 3 tanks before knocking the 88´s out.

POS did you try this without the leader modifier? and what was the result?

I say 3 or 4 T34 Destroyed before the 88's were destroyed

the 88 lost one gun , the t 34's lost 4 tanks and 1 tank were gun damaged,and 1 t34 was scared and ran off the map

ANSWER-

(2x 88s against 6x T-34s)= 1x 88 dest, 6x T-34s dest

(2x 88s against 8x T-34s)= 2x 88s dest, 5x T-34s dest

The figures varied slightly during the tests, but the above results are how they average out.
Obviously the 88's do great at 1 to 3 odds, but have a harder time at 1 to 4 odds

This screenshot is how the 2 against 6 tests always ended, 6 dead T-34s and usually 1 dead 88-
testB-1.jpg

Back