Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Women's World Cup 2019

Any FGM watching this? I have little idea why I find watching team USA ('Murica!) futbol so much fun, but I do. Well, OK, I guess I wouldn't watch if they were as bad as the USA men's team. Yeah, pretty sure of that.

I just like the way the women play the game. As a rule it's pretty clean, although Spain seemed to have a bit of a bad attitude, but maybe that helped them almost come up with a major upset. I can't watch the men play as IMHO they spend all their time midfield flopping around on the ground like a landed bass and then more time whining when nobody believes they didn't sustain grievous injuries. Sorry, but I pass.

And most of the women are prettier to look at. I crack up when one of these cuties scores a goal and then they all go into that lesbian love hug thingie. (Uh, oh. Did I say that out loud?) Favorite player is Tobin Heath. She's quite a character.

maYcVt3.jpg

Wow, that is very poor. Maybe the ref should have called a forfeit on Cameroon. That would put a stop to that behavior.

I am a typical American in many ways. Soccer has never held my interest, although I have never doubted the awesome skills needed to play the sport at the highest level. But, I have been completely fascinated by the Women's World Cup this year. There just seems to be many more scoring opportunities and a much greater attacking style than when I try and watch the Men's team. I watched Japan vs the Netherlands yesterday, from start to finish. I was riveted.

Reactions: mTk
Being my country where the football is the number one sport, the practice on the part of women is not really an attraction, although lately (I speak of three or four months now) it is trying to give a little more importance.

That's generous Ted, I think England played a very solid match and it could have easily gone their way. Beautiful goals all, including the offsides one. I was impressed with the save of the penalty kick and really felt for the girl who took it, she was clearly disappointed in herself. The heartbreak and the ecstasy of sports, all in that single vignette. Very entertaining, very good soccer played at that level. That's why they call it the beautiful game.

What do you guys think about Morgan's "sipping tea with the pinkie up" celebration? I think it is getting way too much attention. It was funny, and given the England coach's comments about etiquette, an appropriate light hearted jab from rivals. We do far worse to each other here during our Quick Battle matches!

What do you guys think about Morgan's "sipping tea with the pinkie up" celebration? I think it is getting way too much attention. It was funny, and given the England coach's comments about etiquette, an appropriate light hearted jab from rivals. We do far worse to each other here during our Quick Battle matches!

All a bit overblown methinks ... watched first half of match ... very good indeed.

Back