Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Women's World Cup 2019

The USA came out of the blocks so fast - England couldn’t get near them for twenty minutes and were behind before they got into the game.
Having rallied, they then started to play with a bit of belief and the equaliser was a quality finish which surprised the Americans.
Suddenly we had a right go at them and it looked like we might get something out of the game.
The goal ruled out for offside was hard luck, but VAR was used correctly.
Then the USA took hold of the game once more and scored again which to be honest was deserved, and the missed penalty and sending off just killed the game for us.
A very entertaining game and overall the best team won.

Steve

What do you guys think about Morgan's "sipping tea with the pinkie up" celebration? I think it is getting way too much attention. It was funny, and given the England coach's comments about etiquette, an appropriate light hearted jab from rivals. We do far worse to each other here during our Quick Battle matches!

I think it's a typical "colonial's" response to the mother country. We love our English friends, but hey, " 'MURICA! ".

Oh yeah, as a follow up to my beach volleyball teaser, they are actually playing the World Championships in Hamburg right now. I watched a US team play a Chinese team two nights ago.
KuZHPBk.png

What do you guys think about Morgan's "sipping tea with the pinkie up" celebration? I think it is getting way too much attention. It was funny, and given the England coach's comments about etiquette, an appropriate light hearted jab from rivals. We do far worse to each other here during our Quick Battle matches!
Im a big fan of Alex Morgan. We share an alma mater. But I’ve always been a believer that one ought to act like “they’ve been there before.”

Oh yeah, as a follow up to my beach volleyball teaser, they are actually playing the World Championships in Hamburg right now. I watched a US team play a Chinese team two nights ago.
KuZHPBk.png
mmmmmm......so,....exactly how many times did ya watch it......... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I'll answer my own question. The USA men's team would squash them like a grape. It would be no contest. The men would win (two digits)-0. The USA women's team should, IMO, refrain from politics and handle themselves gracefully, like champions. Instead, they have done what they have done. A shame.

Celebrities can't just do their jobs anymore. They think their status makes them wiser and smarter than us and that they owe it to us to give their opinions about everything else, be it politics, racism, civil rights, equality, diversity, sexual preferences, morality, homeless, well the list is endless. And of course, there is a large portion of the population that can't gobble up their ideas fast enough. I see the problem as social media. People just have too much access to information, both giving and receiving. I shouldn't have to hear what Megan Ripino thinks of President Trump, but I can't avoid it.

I did kind of like her lavender hair though.

Back