Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

World Cup of Wrestling

Have to agree Ted, many incidents go without any punishment being meted out or if a card is whipped out its not really adequate for the transgression.

VAR has worked when applied, but referees need to be stronger and consistent in decision making - unfortunately the modern game has been plagued by this type of behaviour for too long.
In league games, with some much depending on financial gain, there is so much at stake that these things are bound to happen.

I played amateur competitive football in local leagues both Saturdays and Sundays from the age of 17 until my late 30's, then continued on playing just on Saturdays until I was 52, only stopping because my wife insisted.
Whilst I was never going to grace any stadium with my limited skill, I always enjoyed playing and managed to find a team to play for wherever I was living, mainly because I always kept myself fit - if you are any good and keep fit you will always get a game somewhere at amateur level.
One thing I always hated was cheating and I played the game hard but fair and never got booked.

Player power dictates too much these days.

Steve

I had read that the VAR would assist the referee in four situations of play: goals and fouls with goal, penalties or fouls that could lead to a penalty, direct red cards and confusion of identity (if one warns or expels who does not have to).

Just borrow a couple of rugby ref’s and it would be solved overnight. Only problem is there would be hardly any players left on the pitch!!

And as for the fake injurys, I spend every match of rugby pretending I’m not injured, these “professional” footballers spend every game pretending they are!!!!

Just borrow a couple of rugby ref’s and it would be solved overnight. Only problem is there would be hardly any players left on the pitch!!

And as for the fake injurys, I spend every match of rugby pretending I’m not injured, these “professional” footballers spend every game pretending they are!!!!
So True

Back