Operation Windsor, July 4th 1944.
The Canadian 8th Brigade is tasked with taking Carpiquet and the adjacent airfield. The 12SS Panzer Division stands in their way. Carpiquet is a fortress. Take command of a reinforced Canadian Infantry Brigade and crack the German defenses to the west of Caen.
Included in this download:
• The Campaign File – Copy this into the “Campaign” folder of your CMBN directory.
• A ‘z’ folder – Contains compulsory mods that are already mod tagged and ready to go. If you do not copy this folder to your existing mod folder the maps will look really silly!
• Operation Windsor – The Overlooked Battle – A scenario ‘history’ document outlining my final thoughts on the battle and the concessions I had to make in designing this campaign. SPOILER FILLED! The Scenario designer notes if you will. This is a separate document so the in game briefing field can be spoiler free.
• 4 x blank Master Maps
• Northern Map covering the village and northern approach.
• Southern Map covering the southern hangers, airfield and eastern control buildings.
• ‘Clean’ and ‘Damaged’ versions of each.
All CMBN modules including the vehicle pack is required.
|WHAT VERSION OF COMBAT MISSION IS THE FILE FOR?||CM : BATTLES FOR NORMANDY|
|WHAT IS THE SCENARIO / MAP TITLE?||The Lions of Carpiquet|
|FILE TYPE?||SCENARIO VS AI ONLY|
|DOES THE SCENARIO / MAP REQUIRE BATTLEFRONT DLC OR MODS?||YES [PLEASE ADVISE WHAT IS REQUIRED IN DESCRIPTION FIELD]|
|WHAT SIZE IS THE BATTLE?||HUGE|
|WHAT ARE THE MAP DIMESIONS?||4km x 4km|
|WHAT TYPE OF BATTLE IS THIS?||ASSAULT|
|WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE SCENARIO?||MORE THAN 1 HOUR 29 MINUTES|
|WHERE IS THE SCENARIO / MAP BASED?||FRANCE [BATTLES FOR NORMANDY]|
|WHEN IS THE SCENARIO BASED?||JULY 1944|
|WHAT TIME OF DAY IS THE SCENARIO BASED?||DAWN|
|WHAT IS THE WEATHER IN THE SCENARIO?||THICK HAZE|
|NATIONALITY OF SIDE ONE||Canada and Britain|
|NATIONALITY OF SIDE TWO||German – Waffen SS|
|THIS SCENARIO IS BEST PLAYED AS…||SIDE ONE VS AI|
Lions Of Carpiquet Campaign (8.8 MiB)