Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

14th December, Sunday Op 12:30 GMT

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
We will be stepping out of the campaign this week to go back to boot camp. If time is on our side we can run a couple of MCC missions and cycle leadership. Key three things for us to practice are as below. I've chosen these because I think they will help us address specific gaps, and hopefully will stop us dieing.... maybe

Communication
Objective
- Clear communication to elimnate confusion

Proximity - for chit chat 'how you doing?' type stuff.
152 radio - for fire team comms, not overally formal, used to issue movement orders, sightings, but not, 'hey, where's my pants?' When stuff kicks off clear the radio, combat relevant info only.
Command net - communication across fire teams and with section lead via LW.

Movement and command
Objective
- to stop us running head on into insta death

Slow it down, plan, do, check, act.
Spend time doing recon, listen to team leads, input, move as a unit
Suppression, use the LMG's as they are intended. Bounding advance in battle buddy teams or FT flank/advance etc.

Fire orders
Objective
- to stop us shooting at everything and bringing the entire enemy force upon our position when we are hidden in a bush
Weapons hold - nobody shoots unless they or a comrade have a clear death threat. Even when under fire, the standing orders are; find cover, identify, communicate, hold fire.
Weapons tight - same as weapons hold but you will be given a target, issued fire orders and once the target is down you go to weapons tight and await next fire orders.
Weapons free - let rip at anything you see

Mods - couple of additions, stuff we have used before
@AGM (ver 0.9.4.1)
@Alive (ver 0.9.4)
@AllInArmaTerrainPack (ver 1.3)
@ASDG_JR (ver 0.11)
@BlastCore_A3 (ver 0.3) OPTIONAL
@CBA_A3 (ver 1.0.9.140907)
@hlc_ar15 (ver 1.2)
@hlcmods_core (ver 0.8.5)
@hlcmods_jsrs (ver 0.1) OPTIONAL with JSRS2
@hlcmods_M60E4 (ver 7.0)

@JSRS2 (ver 2.2) OPTIONAL
@mcc_sandbox_a3 (ver 0.4.11)
@st_stamina_bar (ver 1.1) OPTIONAL
@sthud_a3 (ver 14.3.2.1) OPTIONAL
@task_force_radio (ver 0.9.7.1)
@TPWCAS_A3 (ver 5.5)

Last edited:
Some screens from today:

Double and Septic's Briefing:
4WPCfgo.jpg

The rest of us (L to R: The Bullman, Ithikial and Vart):
FkAMP3k.jpg

Pay attention to Septic's hand positions on the steering wheel, kids. Correct placement at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. Commendations to the chauffeur company for sending us such a safety conscious chauffeur.
2PZKIFO.jpg

Ithikial on overwatch:
kUmiuGP.jpg

Ithikial and I enjoying the Chernarussian scenery while Septic risks life and limb to recon:
gL7eQ3p.jpg

Septic and Ithikial searching for shy enemies:
pB5xpSo.jpg

Ithikial covering the western approaches to the town:
Xxy9I0u.jpg

Septic, Ithikial and I preparing to move positions:
5C8VM67.jpg

Last edited:
You will notice that in the third picture I am not only driving safely but also watching a nature program on the monitor built into the dash.

I won't count that against you. We had to put that on to pacify Ithikial since he kept asking "Are we there yet?" from the back seat. Thankfully an old episode of Steve Irwin Crocodile Hunter did the trick. "Crikey, look at the size a that one!" must have been music to his Aussie ears.

I don't know any Australians that actually liked Steve Irwin.

Incredibly the nature program that was on the TV was a replay of the bits of the Chernaurus forest we had just driven through. What are the odds!

So do you ever play this against other players. Or is it just Co-op?

Just co-op, not enough of us yet to divide up and hunt each other around a huge map.
I was thinking more of maybe challenging other clans out there. But I can imagine that would be a bit to much of an undertaking to set up :)
Anyways. I just might join you someday since I own Arma 3. Just haven´t played it in a long time.

There are public servers, battle Royale pits player against player in a short battle scenario but I found it had a limited interest life for me. I've also done more organised player vs. player stuff with other groups, 3CB does it periodically. It can be fun but tends to be a lot of nothing..... nothing.... nothing.... BIG BANG! and then it's over. No respawn means if you die early on it can be +40 minutes watching other people have fun.

There are public servers, battle Royale pits player against player in a short battle scenario but I found it had a limited interest life for me. I've also done more organised player vs. player stuff with other groups, 3CB does it periodically. It can be fun but tends to be a lot of nothing..... nothing.... nothing.... BIG BANG! and then it's over. No respawn means if you die early on it can be +40 minutes watching other people have fun.
Believe it or not, but thats exactly what I´m looking for in a game like Arma.

Back