Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

1812’s American infantry camo mod

D

Dukal

I recently buy CMBN and install some mods. But when I extract this mod from 1812 in my z folder nothing happen.

Is anyone have a explanation has to what I can do wrong?

Did it come with a readme?

Mods have all types of little ins and outs.

Please conduct an experiment. extract again to a folder on your desktop. You can delete after the experiment.

If you see a modtag at the end of the filename, then the mod has appearance restricted to a scenario that has the same modtag.

generic....
filename [modtag].bmp

example...
smod german lw soldier [peadot].bmp
scenario must have the modtag [peadot] so soldiers of the filename's type will display the mod

some mods have NO modtag, every German will wear those cool modded helmets maybe.
But if no modtag, it could still be connected to weather or season or region.

Did it come with a readme?

Mods have all types of little ins and outs.

Please conduct an experiment. extract again to a folder on your desktop. You can delete after the experiment.

If you see a modtag at the end of the filename, then the mod has appearance restricted to a scenario that has the same modtag.

generic....
filename [modtag].bmp

example...
smod german lw soldier [peadot].bmp
scenario must have the modtag [peadot] so soldiers of the filename's type will display the mod

some mods have NO modtag, every German will wear those cool modded helmets maybe.
But if no modtag, it could still be connected to weather or season or region.
No readme file, no modtag...and nothing to make me think it can be season or region related. I've seen on youtube other players use this mod...so I really don't understand what's wrong.

No insult meant but OK, we'll go back to basics. Double check you see the mods unpacked in the z folder. right click and check properties. same size as others? It is the correct z folder? Not another CMFI or CMRT, incorrect z folder?
You must restart the game for the scenario to load the new files.

That is my best thoughts.

one other thing, a mod could have no special aspects with modtag, region, season, weather but only certain units get it. Right?

Double check that you have the proper unit purchased and on the screen....

Okay, I've check what you've ask : It's in the right z folder, I've restart several times and nothing. I've check all kind of units (Armored Infantry, Airborne and Infantry for the US) and nothing either. Btw thanks to take the time to help me.

ok, time to get drastic. It COULD be another mod stepping in front of this one so to speak.
Take out ALL your mods EXCEPT this one and then try that.
Sheesh!

Hmmmm. What a freaking mystery!

What game is it and what version do you show down in the lower right corner start screen?

Are you on a Macintosh?

Do you have dropbox?

Try re-downloading the mod? Maybe corrupted somehow? :-O

Mystery indeed. CMBN, I have the latest 4.03. PC. Yes, I have a dropbox and I've try to re-downloading the mod and it does the same thing.

Can you PM me a dropbox link with the files? I will look them over and try to see what I see in the game.
Or you go hit up the modder?

I didn't see them in CMBN.
I did a little trick and renamed them and put them in CMFI and they DO show.
So the files themselves are good. 24 bits. proper size 1024x1024

I am stumped!

Honestly, I have drifted away from playing CMBN. I mostly play CMFI and CMRT.

The thing I remember about CMBN and files and mods is that it is all in users/my documents/battlefront.

Then they changed the system and the newer games are "divided"...right? The data is within programfiles86 or whatever but the game files like scenarios and saved files are over where ALL of CMBN is stashed.

Contact the mod maker and check with him I guess! Good luck Dukal

Back