Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

21st December, Sunday Op 12:30 GMT

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Boot camp again; working on the same three competencies to help us identify how FGM like to play ArmA.

Communication
Movement and command
Fire orders

If anyone has a preference to try a different map, shout here I can easily port boot camp somewhere else.

As Septic and I led on the last op, per Ramblers suggestion, we are excluded from leading this weekend. We need a Section/Squad Lead and a Fire Team Lead for this weekend, at least one set. If we have time we can run two missions so we will need a second set on stand by.

Mods set is
@AGM (ver 0.9.4.1)
@Alive (ver 0.9.4)
@AllInArmaTerrainPack (ver 1.3)
@ASDG_JR (ver 0.11)
@BlastCore_A3 (ver 0.3) OPTIONAL
@CBA_A3 (ver 1.0.9.140907)
@hlc_ar15 (ver 1.2)
@hlcmods_core (ver 0.8.5)
@hlcmods_jsrs (ver 0.1) OPTIONAL with JSRS2
@hlcmods_M60E4 (ver 7.0)
@JSRS2 (ver 2.2) OPTIONAL
@mcc_sandbox_a3 (ver 0.4.11)
@st_stamina_bar (ver 1.1) OPTIONAL
@sthud_a3 (ver 14.3.2.1) OPTIONAL
@task_force_radio (ver 0.9.7.1)
@TPWCAS_A3 (ver 5.5)

Some screens from today:

Those sneaky AIs, putting a desk containing secret files on a smokestack:
8dAr0gN.jpg

Heading out to our second mission of the day, destroying a weapons cache:
yYA62PD.jpg

Double pointing out something incredibly interesting on the chopper floor:
jn9rpa6.jpg

Double on security:
1VYBoMR.jpg

CAS choppers giving us a helping hand with some tough enemies:
P4lAjba.jpg

Heading home after a drubbing at the hands of the AI. Ithikial saved the day with a Hail Mary crawl, while injured and passing out, to the weapons cache and destroying it.
zUFLHkB.jpg

What was not captured in screens: My 75 ft drop from a helicopter, Septic's attempts to knock out an APC, Vart and Double's close encounter with an enemy and Ithikial's heroics :D.

What was not captured in screens: My 75 ft drop from a helicopter, Septic's attempts to knock out an APC, Vart and Double's close encounter with an enemy and Ithikial's heroics :D.
Footage of all that will be coming up, sometime in the future. Well, unfortunately I didn't get Ith's heroics on tape but I did record him panicking when enemy arty started to shell a hill about 200-300 meters behind us. That should balance things out.

Last edited:
haha great compilation Vart! You definitely captured us at our finest. I didn't realize the sniper walked up that close to Double. It's almost as if he wanted to chat. I'll be remembering your panicked cries for Double to shoot for a long time :D.

haha great compilation Vart! You definitely captured us at our finest. I didn't realize the sniper walked up that close to Double. It's almost as if he wanted to chat. I'll be remembering your panicked cries for Double to shoot for a long time :D.
If you look closely you can actually see the guy just stand and watch us a few meters behind DoubleD, before he decided to run up to us.

Also I spent total of 40 minutes and 2 seconds unconscious.

To be honest; when I first saw him I thought he can't be an AI, being that bold carrying a pistol with a slung 50cal. I assumed it was Ithikial who had gone magpie and picked up a ghillie suit and the sniper rifle. I really struggled with shooting, lol.

To be honest; when I first saw him I thought he can't be an AI, being that bold carrying a pistol with a slung 50cal. I assumed it was Ithikial who had gone magpie and picked up a ghillie suit and the sniper rifle. I really struggled with shooting, lol.
If you are the "learning from mistakes"-kinda guy, I'm sure there is a valuable lesson about doing as you're told or something in there...

Vart you are a smart gentleman. I should follow FT Lead but I still feel bad about shooting Shane in the face the last time he joined us :oops:.

I wish everyone at FGM a great Christmas and happy New Year and thank you all for the great times we have shared in 2014. I look forward to 2015, DoubleD

Back