Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A FEW GOOD MEN NEEDED FOR THE EASTERN FRONT

Concord

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Unite comrades join the red army and protect the motherland.jpgReport for volunteer military service with the Feldherrnhalle Grenadier Regiment.jpg

We need a Few Good Men to join our WW2 Eastern Front campaign, Brigade Battles, using Combat Mission Red Thunder.
A brigade sized conflict, with 60 companies in the fray!
That's 10 battalions on each side.
Battles are company sized.

There's about half a dozen players on each side, but we need a few more.
Battles are fought every campaign turn, and real life can get in the way, so sometimes people can't commit to a round.

July 1944. Eastern Poland.
While Operation Bagration was taking place in the central region of the Eastern Front, a secondary operation was taking place at the same time, far to the south in Ukraine and Poland.
The Lvov-Sandomierz Offensive.

This campaign takes place in the second stage of the operation, with a renewed Soviet offensive in late July.
The Soviets reached the Vistula River and established a strong bridgehead.
This campaign will take place as the Soviet '1st Ukrainian Front' expands the bridgehead, while the German's 'Army Group North Ukraine' counterattacks in attempts to contain them.

There are a few requirements to participate.

You must be able to:
- Check the campaign forum regularly (and have email notifications for new threads in the BB section turned on).
- When you are assigned a battle, you must try to keep up the pace of PBEM game turns to at least once a day (within reason - real life takes priority obviously).
- If you will be away longer than a few days, inform your fellow players (and be prepared for someone to possibly take over your battle).
- When you start a battle, you will need to make regular updates (every few turns) on the forums regarding how the battle is progressing and any interesting developments.
Regular text reporting is the minimum. The occasional accompanying picture (or even video) will be appreciated by your fellow team mates (and me!).
- After each battle, you and your opponent will be required to work out percentage of damage for your side (using simple calculations) and report the results.

then-and-now-jpg.17650

BB map and all counters visual 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take a spot. I've been meaning to buy Red Thunder anyways. Would prefer playing Soviets, but I can do Germans if required.

Okay, thank you guys.

@Aurelius I will get you added to the Soviet side.
@Bill I will get you added to the Axis side.
Keep an eye on the Brigade Battles mini forum.
When you get added, you will be able to see your side's hidden forum at the top.

We've got a good healthy amount of battle commanders now.
I think I will officially close the call for recruits.
Unofficially, any latecomers might still be squeezed in. :giggle:

I will join if things open up again. I assume that these do not have to go on the ladder, correct?

No, not at all. I'm just not abandoning current projects. ;)
I'm running the Brigade Battles campaign (which is in full roar) and the map for the upcoming 'Urban Warrior' campaign (CMBS) is in an advanced stage of development.

I'm looking forward to developing 'Platoon Leader' for CMFB too.
Once I have a bit more done on the UW campaign map, I will begin the PL one immediately.

I like a spot wen it opens! I will play the side you pic for me.

Hi @Ronnoc! We're pretty much full on both sides at the moment, but I'll see if I squeeze you in somewhere in a little bit.
Ah sorry, didn't read far enough due to enthousiasm haha. Let me know if a spot opens, side doesn't matter much! :)

@Ronnoc and @Blady now that there are 2 of you, I think I will add you both, one to each team.

I'll add @Ronnoc to the Axis side and @Blady to the Soviet side.

There are quite a few guys on each side now (although some have been inactive for a few months due to real life),
who have been playing the campaign for some time, so you'll have to be a little patient when it comes to getting a battle allocated.

Please keep in mind the requirements to join the campaign, listed at the top of this thread.

I will ask the admins to add you. When it's done, you'll be able to see your side's previously hidden forum, at the top of the main Brigade Battles forum.

Welcome.

@Ronnoc and @Blady now that there are 2 of you, I think I will add you both, one to each team.

I'll add @Ronnoc to the Axis side and @Blady to the Soviet side.

There are quite a few guys on each side now (although some have been inactive for a few months due to real life),
who have been playing the campaign for some time, so you'll have to be a little patient when it comes to getting a battle allocated.

Please keep in mind the requirements to join the campaign, listed at the top of this thread.

I will ask the admins to add you. When it's done, you'll be able to see your side's previously hidden forum, at the top of the main Brigade Battles forum.

Welcome.
Good thank you much I look forward to battling!

Just scrolled to end of this thread and saw the call for players (albeit ones who previously expressed interest) to join. I am just putting my hand up now if you are still looking or players to fill slots now or down the track.

Back