Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A home for Medieval Epic Battles through History… FOG2 battles

Nelson1812

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
A home for Medieval Epic Battles through History… FOG2 battles

I purchased the medieval games and will shortly be fighting historic battles through the ages.

I was wondering if there are a few FOG 2 players interested in fighting a monthly battle of these epic medieval battles,
as I prefer playing against opponent rather than the AI.

Each month a new battle can be selected. On completing the scores can be listed and comments made.
During the month features and questioned raised concerning the period battle, as per the ancient FOG 2 games.

If we can get 3 or more players, I will select the first battle. Each battle will be played with both armies, but against different opponents.
The highest scoring general will select the next battle, and then selection continues until every general has selected a battle.

Anybody interested or would like to add to my comments?

The Feudal North,,, 1106AD ... The Battle Of Tinchebrai

First player Set-up and playing as the Normans:

Nelson1812 vs (Pending or Mad Mike)
@chiquichops vs Josey Wales
@Mad Mike vs chiquichops
@Josey Wales vs Nelson1812

Pending... waiting to see if we get another player, to be able to add @Wellsonian in this round.

Game results in by 31st January, second round to start 7th Feb.

All games are to be played for fun! Pictures, comments and stories welcome!

Well played Josey... should have played my elf army!

Mq8nlA6.jpg

Henry legs it...

Screen_00000004.jpg

Alas Henry Beauclerc fell in battle and the course of English History was forever changed, he was never to be buried at Reading Abbey with all the majesty of a funeral for a medieval monarch, instead his bloodied remains were interred in some now unknown Norman church with only his victorious brother Robert in attendance.

Well played @chiquichops , I felt it was pretty even until the last few turns. In the beginning I tried to deny my left flank whilst gathering my cavalry on my right. I think it was a reasonable plan but my left got a bit disorganised as my infantry got in the way of my cavalry and I couldn't refuse the flank as much as I'd have liked.

Anyone won this as the Anglo Normans yet?

View attachment 26513

Alas Henry Beauclerc fell in battle and the course of English History was forever changed, he was never to be buried at Reading Abbey with all the majesty of a funeral for a medieval monarch, instead his bloodied remains were interred in some now unknown Norman church with only his victorious brother Robert in attendance.

Well played @chiquichops , I felt it was pretty even until the last few turns. In the beginning I tried to deny my left flank whilst gathering my cavalry on my right. I think it was a reasonable plan but my left got a bit disorganised as my infantry got in the way of my cavalry and I couldn't refuse the flank as much as I'd have liked.

Anyone won this as the Anglo Normans yet?
It was a close run thing @Josey Wales. Your plan was sound, I didn't see what you were up to and got sucked in there but I managed to keep cohesion and, somehow, I came out on top. The final percentage there doesn't reflect how close it was, I think we were both a few points away from 60%.
Thanks, a hard fight. I think you're right, I had it easier than you, the quality of my men seemed a bit higher.
A nice idea, these battles. I'll try to get a few screenshots in next time, just a bit busy between turns this time around.

Back