Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A little help with my graphics settings please

So, I have all of the WW2 versions of CM, updated to the current iterations.

I recently moved to a new home. Prior to the move, the CM games worked perfectly on my computer. Smooth action, crystal clear image, scrolled around the map perfectly, etc.

When I moved to my new house, I set up the same computer and made no changes to my CM game settings. However, now the images (such as numbers and names) are blurry and the action progresses extraordinarily slowly and in a choppy fashion. Scrolling around the map is a pain as well.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to best regain my prior CM game performance?

Thanks much.

Strange. Blurry text is often indicative of FXAA enabled so I'd check that first.

Your graphics card might not be loading the graphics but instead your onboard graphics. Elvis will know the solution to this right away.

Yep sounds like your graphics card isnt plugged in, or the setting is set to "onboard" or "integrated"

I think my GeForce graphics card is fine. I can download and install new drivers just fine. And my World of Tanks runs perfectly and looks amazing.

I opened CMBN and went into Options. I turned off the Antialias/Multisample. That helped with my FPS and scrolling. But the letters and numbers are still blurry.

Can you please guide me with regard to how I should check to see if FXAA is enabled, and whether I should disable FXAA?

Also, how do I make sure my graphics card is loading the graphics, instead of my game using "onboard graphics?"

FXAA is controlled from the Nvidia Control Panel. If you right click on your desktop it should be one of the options listed. Once in there go to Manage 3D Settings and look for Antialiasing -- FXAA

As for onboard graphics... I've never had a comp that had integrated graphics even as an option, but I'm pretty sure running Dxdiag will tell you what is what. Just type dxdiag in the windows search box on the desktop lower left. After the program runs look at the Display tab and make sure your Nvidia card is listed and DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct 3D Acceleration and AGP Texture Acceleration are all enabled.

Hi Nort
Slowly trying to advance in our game... read your above, and that was exactly what I was thinking... how the picture appeared dull to how I remembered the game.
First thing I looked at was the drives on my graphics card... updated them.
So thought I mess about in game options... in 3D texture... increase Fast to Faster, and colour appears to have brightened and improved the picture.
Turned off Antialiasing. (not sure whether this helped.)
No expert... but mentioned this in case it helps.

Had a similar issue when I first installed (mine started with fuzzy text at the menu screen) - memory isn't the best but If I remember correctly I had to go into my Windows 10 Display Settings and set my CM games to run on "High Performance" to force the laptop to use the proper gpu and not the integrated one it was defaulting too.

That is what I remember the solution being similar to

Thanks everyone. Still not perfect ... but better.
I have a separate profile / program settings for CM games in the Nvidia control panel. I also had blurry text before and that was due to FXAA or AA transparency IIRC. Anyway FWIW here are my settings, if your mobo/cpu also has an 'onboard' GPU it might be good to double check the 'OpenGL rendering GPU' setting and make sure it is set to your Nvidia GPU.

CM_Nvidia1.PNG

CM_Nvidia2.PNG
CM_Nvidia3.PNG

PS As I do have a beefy GPU I have 'enhanced AA' setting on and everything to quality, and GSYNC so no need for Vertical Sync.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. Much appreciated.

I’ve followed your settings from tip to stern, but I still have smudged text when getting into the game, and my fps rate is still nowhere near where it was prior to my move. It’s weird because all my other games, including WoT on highest res, are still functioning perfectly.
strange. Is this what you're seeing regarding smudged text? If so than somehow your settings aren't being applied correctly it seems, as this happens when I enable FXAA in the nvidia panel. That could also explain other settings not applying which can explain the lack of FPS. Perhaps double check if FXAA is also disabled globally in the 3d settings.

cm final blitzkrieg.exe Screenshot 2022.09.12 - 17.43.01.81.png

I finally succumbed and bought Shock Force 2 because of a great bundle deal on Steam. Can’t get the same deal on Battlefront and I don’t want it that much to pay $90.

I've optimised my settings on all the other CM titles to run 2560 x 1440. No text blur and tiles etc., it all looks good.

Steam SF2 looks absolutely crap. I’ve replicated all my settings but no joy. I’m one step away from getting my money back, anyone have any suggestions on how to force the steam version to accept the NVidia program settings.

Back