Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A new modern campaign?

You live in WA like me and for fictional engagements, you don't have to look far for maps. Cossack, Whim Creek etc. climate dry desert. Repaint the landscape with Arabic names and Bob is your uncle. A couple of mining towns for Urban settings.

Great ideas @ChuckDyke.

This map though is based on European-ish terrain, although the location will be totally fictional.
To make each zone's central feature I have been referencing stock aerial photos from a variety of sources.
The real world locations have been all over Europe (many from the UK - they must like piloting drones in Leeds!), Russia, Canada, USA...and Australia.

Great ideas @ChuckDyke.

This map though is based on European-ish terrain, although the location will be totally fictional.
To make each zone's central feature I have been referencing stock aerial photos from a variety of sources.
The real world locations have been all over Europe (many from the UK - they must like piloting drones in Leeds!), Russia, Canada, USA...and Australia.
Fair enough I was thinking of SF2 in that case we don't have to go far. I have no experience whatsoever in editing and was thinking about local terrain.

56 out of 64 zone features completed.

Biotech Research
Based on one in Australia.
If I WAS going to base the campaign around zombies, this would be ground zero. ;)
If you squint closely you can see patient zero, Dr. Archie Samsung, staring blankly out of one of the windows. Oops.

Biotech Research.jpg

Library
Loosely based on the Academy of Athens.

Library.jpg

Last edited:
I had a look at Cossack the army did an exercise years ago. The place got everything. A little ghost town, mangroves, rocky hilly grounds. Could easy be a place near Jeddah.

@ChuckDyke that's interesting. Have you got a link about it?
Right here in WA. All of the Pilbara Coast could be the Middle East if you don't know any better.
Cossack is a ghost town located 1,480 km north of Perth.

cossack.jpg

You know, it probably wouldn't be that difficult to make huge battle maps for this kind of terrain, for use in a campaign.
It would certainly show off the long range capabilities of modern weapons.

In a conflict between two powers with advanced technology things could get really crazy.
How creepy would it be, racing along in a flat, mostly open desert with nothing in sight, knowing you could be destroyed at any moment, by stuff you can't even see.

Why do you think the Yanks like to do their wargaming here? This terrain is hilly, mangroves, mesas,

Not all is flat

How many people actually look at the location of the map? We just want an inspiring battle. Fortress Italy should have most of the gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scenario: A merging superpower has seized the Iron facilities in the Pilbara. It started with 'Operation Trojan Horse'. With converted Iron Ore Carriers they seized the ports of Dampier, Port Walcott, and Port Hedland. Keeps us busy for years.

The mighty two-pounder and boy anti-tank rifles. Then the LRDG and David Sterling with his tactical experiment. Kill Rommel as a small introduction game. I Italian tanks one gear forward five in reverse.

Back