Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A nice Dam(ned) CMBS scenario ! Looking for an opponent

Denis the Menace

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
fr-fr.facebook.com
I have one spot available for a battle based on a huge map featuring a dam (and an airport and few bridges and many more cool things....:cool:). See map: "Huge Dam Rough 316 Probe".

I suggest a probe (UKR vs. RUS or vice-versa) with a large-sized budget (i.e. approx 16,000 points vs. 10,000 points, battalion-sized battle). I am pretty easy with house rules....

Non-ladder game as I have no idea whether this map allows for a balanced game or not. So let's take it as an experiment.

Only one serious request to my future opponent: please do not disappear in the middle of the game nor let me down few turns before the end :runner: (too many bad experiences....:cry:)

It seems to be such a fascinating proposition for me (though I haven't seen the map - is it a basic CMBS map or needs to be downloaded?), but being too weak in spoken english I couldn't understand what's the meaning of such phrase like non-ladder game (of course it is a trifle, isn't it?).
In case of battle I'd prefer play as RUS.
P.s. Does the word "probe" mean the "meeting eng"?

Last edited:
I think it is a basic CMBS map but I do not know whether it comes with the base game or the battle pack 1 (I have both). Please check in your CMBS "quick battle maps" folder and search for this file "Huge Dam-Rough (2160 X 2784) 316 Probe.btt"

Non-ladder game means that the outcome of the battle shall NOT be recorded in the FGM ladder. I usually play ladder games only but this time I really do not know if that quick battle scenario is balanced or not, so in order to be fair with my opponent I suggest we do not go for a ladder game.

Probe means reconnaissance, not meeting engagement. In case of a probe there is one attacker (with something like 16,000 budget points and a rather tiny deployement area) and a defender (with 10,000 budget points and a larger deployment zone).

It is fine with me if you play as RUS, I will take on the UKR

Last edited:
I've got basic game and the battle pack so we can try it. The only problem I see here is that i will be away on russian winter vacations (from 30 dec. til 8-9 jan.). If you can't wait maybe anyone else will be able to fight against you.

Thanks for explanations. Will you create the file?

I've got basic game and the battle pack so we can try it. The only problem I see here is that i will be away on russian winter vacations (from 30 dec. til 8-9 jan.). If you can't wait maybe anyone else will be able to fight against you.

There is no rush ! We can wait until next year/month.

Do you want to play the Russian side as the attacker or the defender ?

Back