Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

About kronenblatt

kronenblatt

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum, invited by Badger73 and wellsonian, and thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself in a Field of Glory 2 context:

* Been playing the game since early summer this year.
* Play both casual games as well as tournaments.
* Like the social aspect to the battles, not only the competitive; thus, chatting about the battle, the armies and their units, unit selection and deployment, our strategies and tactics, what decisions we made (and didn't make) and what went wrong and right, some real life too.
* Kicked off a few tournaments; The Year of Many Emperors (I and II) - about Roman civil wars in the first and second centuries AD, and Dividing the Spoils - a Diadochi tournament with tailor-made Hellenistic army lists and some diplomacy. Coming soon is The West is No More, starting in 476 AD when Romulus Augustulus has been deposed. Focus is always the FoG2 battles, but I like to put them in some sort of historical context.
* Made some very simple mods for Field of Glory: Empires too: Remote Regions (adding penalties to faraway provinces), and Faction-Specific Armies (linking units exported to FoG2 battles more linked to the factions and specific army lists of FoG2 instead of being generic).
* And if you've been playing EU4 in its early years, I've created the ancient era total overhaul mods of Aurora Universalis, Twelve Vultures, and The Rome That Did Not Fall.

I'm mainly here at the The Few Good Men in order to get to know other players who enjoy playing FoG2.

Andréas

Welcome aboard, sir.

Suffering myself from a bit of FOG2 burnout at the moment (great game though), but love to chat more in future, having myself created and run several simple/fun campaigns here at FGM using FOG2 to resolve battles.
... and have dabbled in a couple more designs that are in the development queue - time and work life permitting.

The Diadochi campaign below was completed:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefg...chi-fgm-field-of-glory-ii-campaign-new.29295/

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, sir.

Suffering myself from a bit of FOG2 burnout at the moment (great game though), but love to chat more in future, having myself created and run several simple/fun campaigns here at FGM using FOG2 to resolve battles.
... and have dabbled in a couple more designs that are in the development queue - time and work life permitting.

The Diadochi campaign below was completed:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefg...chi-fgm-field-of-glory-ii-campaign-new.29295/

Wow, you make really beautiful maps, Rico! Including the counters and all. And the rules seem well thought through too!

Welcome aboard good sir, I also had a burn out of FOG II but willing to sharpen my rather blunt sword again and be given a lesson on the battlefield.
Thank you! A blunt sword can be as dangerous as a sharp. ;) Different type of damage, but as damaging.

Welcome. You seem to have the right stuff. And if you were invited by Badger, you can't be half bad.

Thanks! Even better: I was invited also by Wellsonian so down to less than a quarter bad. :)

Unfortunately, I haven't made his aquaintance, but from what I can see on the forums, he is also a fellow of good repute :)

Back