Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Absence due to health problems at home

Hello boys. Again here after three weeks. Just tell them that damn day Jan. 23 my wife suffered an "ischemic stroke". Two weeks she was hospitalized, of which five days of them were in a specialized clinic, in intensive care, where they put a "stent" in the blocked artery. And is that for 8 days already at home. - Logically there are physical sequels, not serious as they usually are, but if important and I hope they disappear as best as possible over time.
I can only tell you that our life, here at home, has changed completely.- Thus, as I say, literally everything changed. Plans, immediate projects, for example the vacations on the beach scheduled for March, everything has been canceled. We are awaiting its evolution, accompanying it three times a week to rehabilitation sessions.
That's why guys, my advice is to take advantage of every moment, not only money matters, health is more important, everything can change in a second.
I appreciate your words of support that you gave me at the time.
I will try to participate as much as I can here, every night as I had been doing lately.

Luis

I still wish Your wife the best healing, Luis! And strength for You and Your family! "ischemic" means lack of blood flow, I think. So the brain is underserved with oxygen. Would You mind to get in touch with me via e-mail? Maybe we can exchange some thoughts about the topic/therapy. A friend of mine had two strokes and recovered relatively well after that. Maybe his experiences could help Your wife a bit. No "have-to", Luis. Only if You want that. All the best, comrade!

Greetings

Thanks guys for the good wishes.
And you too Ralf, I'll keep that in mind. For now we follow the routine that the hospital told us, where they take us three times a week, on Mondays for occupational therapy, on wednesdays and fridays to the gym and also on Fridays to phoniatrics sessions. Plus the "homework" they give my wife to do at home: walking, a huge list of gestures that she must do with her mouth, several movements with her right arm ... I know it is a process of months, but I hope it does not extend so long.

Would be a pleasure for me, Luis! And I didn´t want to interfere with the hospital routine. Only for after that routine I was asking. Maybe it not even would be helpful - since every person is a bit different from another - but maybe it can help then. We have to see. The currently most important for Your wife (and of course Your family as well) is to hang on even it is a real torment. I really root for Your wife and You, Luis! All the best furthermore!

Greetings

yep man, in that we are, step by step.
This photo is from sunday, my wife (in red) with a friend who invited us to her house. Looks good considering what happened.
498lLaU.png

Back