Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ambush in Al Fubar CMSF2

Hapless

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've played through Al Fubar against the AI and made a video AAR of it, but that was when the civilian density had no effect so the uncons had a hard time. Now that that's been patched up, the scenario plays completely differently and it would be really interesting to get another perspective on the battle not only by playing as the now functioning-as-intended Uncons, but against a human opponent.

Obviously, I'm not going into the scenario blind- I've played through from both sides- and I've already done one playthrough that's on Youtube where everyone can see it if they want to get a handle on my thinking, so there is a bit less fog of war but that's fine with me.

Of course, if anyone who hasn't played it thinks that a lack of knowledge on the Blue side would balance out the Uncon's disadvantages then that's also fine with me :p.

but that was when the civilian density had no effect so the uncons had a hard time.
not only by playing as the now functioning-as-intended Uncons,

I never played CMSF when it first came around and haven't got the new edition yet, just haven't had the time to start a new CM career so to speak.
What's Uncons?

I love your videos and I'd be happy to be your guinea pig on this one.

I never played CMSF nor CMSF2 (only the free demo) but I am thinking of purchasing the full CMSF2 bundle.

However I read somewhere that a patch (which version ?) is due to come out soon and want to wait until then. Are you playing CMSF v2.0 or v2.1 or else ?

Thanks for watching man! Glad you enjoy them. I'm playing CMSF 2 with the latest patch, so V2.01. So, yes the patch is out.

I'm game if you are- you'd obviously need the game and I'd seriously recommend playing the scenario through at least once before we get stuck in (that'd only be fair). If you've played some CMBS then it'll be familiar basics, but the insurgents being able to hide in plain sight due to there being abstracted (read: invisible) civilians everywhere is a significant difference.

Thanks ! I will purchase the game + modules tomorrow and patch everything up to v2.01.

I am a bit experienced with CMBS (much more than with any other CM title) but certainly not used to insurgents and civilians. I do not yet fully understand how civilians are simulated but I am sure it will bring some fresh air. I keep you posted.

I'd rather play the insurgents (Red), if that's ok with you. They're probably the more challenging side- they're much more lightly armed and poorly trained than the Americans in Blue.

I'd suggest you play it through, but it's not like a condition or anything: you don't have to if you don't want to. I have played it through though- from both sides- so I'm pretty familiar with the setup and its only fair that you have the chance to do so too. The US in this scenario are Stryker infantry, which are also in Black Sea so they might already be pretty familiar (they're not that much different), but it is a very different environment and a very different enemy from CMBS.

Hapless, I played two (quick) battles vs the AI, one as blue and the other as red. Won both quickly (AI pretty stupid) but I am sure you will kick my butt pretty easily.

Ready for duty Sir ! Please arrange the settings and dropbox. Thanks and have fun !

BTW do want it to be a ladder game or not ? I will be fine with whatever your decision.

@Denis the Menace , just make sure you get your javelin reloads out of the strykers/AAVs before @Hapless blows them up for you! ;D

Hey @Gnarly .... blowing up a pick-up with a javelin, isn't that a bit too luxury ?

Well you folks have a higher standard of living Down Under I must admit !!

Hmm, I hadn't considered how much picking up a Javelin off dead US pixeltruppen would change this scenario... ;)

But that can't be done, right? I mean, combatants/fighters only can buddy aid western equipment if both are blue forces (or both red)... or I am wrong?

I honestly don't know. I'm sure I've had Brits running around with MG42s at some point, but I could be wrong. I'll give it test and get back to you.

Edit: Tested it. They don't seem to want to buddy aid any enemy casualties even when they're out of ammo. Oh well. But still, any US teams lugging a Javelin around are going to be a bit slower and might have a pixeltruppen without an M4 in his hands. I can live with that.

Last edited:
Back