Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

American guns/ artillery/ self-prop arty

40mm Bofors gun mount on the USS West Virginia during the invasion of Okinawa, 1945.
pwq9sdw.jpg

Quite awhile ago I was touring the aircraft carrier Intrepid in New York City and came upon a family with an old gent who was on the carrier in WWII.
One of the things I remember he said was something like "When the 20mm's started firing you braced yourself because there were only seconds before there was an impact."

L1tKszQ.jpg

Quite awhile ago I was touring the aircraft carrier Intrepid in New York City and came upon a family with an old gent who was on the carrier in WWII.
One of the things I remember he said was something like "When the 20mm's started firing you braced yourself because there were only seconds before there was an impact."

L1tKszQ.jpg
Look at all those guys with probably no more hearing protection than cotton balls stuffed in their ears.

Interesting "cover". One guy looks like Clint Walker and the gunner looks like the teenager he probably was.

And not under threat of air bombardment from any enemy. What an insuperable advantage.

Back