Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ammo resupply

P

PoorOldSpike

A 9-man squad (circled) and a halftrack-

amm2.gif

The squad has got 707 rounds of M2 rifle ammo-
amm3.gif

I order them to area-fire into the ground for a few turns, and their rounds deplete to 456-
amm5.gif

Selecting the halftrack shows it's carrying all kinds of spare ammo including M2 rifle rounds-
amm4.gif

So I run the squad back to board the halftrack, and hit 'Acquire'-
amm6.gif

and a popup appears, so I select 8050 M2 rifle rounds-
amm7.gif

and the squads stats show they've now got enough bullets to start WW3 and can get back in the war-
amm8.gif

and the halftracks ammo readout now shows there are no more M2 rifle rounds on board, but it has some for M1 Carbines-
amm9.gif

NOTE- The manual also says units will automatically help themselves to any spare ammo in a halftrack/ truck if they're simply near it, they don't have to board it, but what they take will be fairly random.
Boarding will get the popup list so you can choose exactly what you want them to take.

Also, squads will help each other out with some clips if some guys run out of bullets, but that will only have them pop off a few shots very much like CMx1 when the ammo of a squad was depleted.

And don't forget to tend to your wounded! The ammo and wepaons of fallen/wounded squad members will be picked up during first aid, so don't just leave your casualties lying where they fell! - when you suddenly relaise your Bazooka guy hasn't got any rockets left because all guys carrying those are lying dead on teh field a mile behind the current position is too late...

Heh, the 66mm rounds are the HE Rifle Grenades, while the AT rounds are listed with the Zook rounds and zook launcher.

Bailed out tank crews become a formidable group when doing buddy aid, by doing so pick up weapons.
Notice the two tank men below carrying a Bar MG & Sniper rifle.

bocage2.jpg

Back