Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

An Arma3 Itch

C

Cohort

Hi All,

I have got the itch for Arma 3 again. Bought upon the beta release but RL has kept me out. I've not really delved into MP in the Arms series; public servers have tended to be fratricide fests and most of the organised online groups have tended to go over the top (no pun intended!) when it came to attitude and 'realism'. Having served 24 years in the Army I really didn't need a 12 year old telling me what happens in Afghanistan. No-where seemed to have that middle ground of good humour & team work but not to the point of 'You call me Sir!' attitude.

What does one require to join the FGM Arma 3 side of life?

Do you have play withsix? make sure you get it and download these:

Required mods are;
@CBA_A3 (ver 1.0.6.212)
@A3MP (ver 1.4)
@CAF_AG (ver 1.5.2)
@mcc_sandbox_a3 (ver 0.4.5)
@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons (ver 1.2)
*** @ADF (ver 0.4.2) *** EXCLUDE, DO NOT RUN
@idzgladius (ver 1.0)
@sthud_a3 (ver 14.3.2)
@task_force_radio (ver 0.9.2)
@kyo_mh47e_a3 (ver 1.1)
Recommended client side mods;
@Blastcore (ver 0.3)
@JSRs2 (2.1)
@VTS_Weaponresting (ver 0.5)
@outlw_magrepack (ver 3.1.0)
@mrb_a3_voicestop (ver 1.4)

I always mean to join up with the guys but they wake up early on Sun for me and I am not really a morning person. I did join up once and it was a blast. Not sure what all these mods do. You will have to do a little searching.

Hi Cohort. Everyone is welcome in the 1st FGM :)

I've kinda informely taken the lead with ARMA and the FGM. We are running a operation/story which you've probably seen, the AARs are in the sticky 'FGM deploy to Takistan'. The ops are most Sundays, 13:30 UK time, and we are usually between 4 and 6 people. We are all mature, no 12 year olds, and we try to operate using a few basic military tactics such as setting up over watch, bounding movement, battle buddies etc. but nothing draconian. We use Task Force Radio (TFAR) because it adds some realism to comms with local talk and medium range radio. No one is expected to be an expert on using mods, we help each other work stuff out. Patience and respect is a given.

We will be running this Sunday. As said above, most people use playwithsix which you get via google, then set yourself up a folder and download the mods and your away. I turn on the op a few minutes before time and people log on. Shout here if your interested and I'll PM you the password and the team speak details.

I hope to see you on the battlefield.

I've used PW6 before; I'll get downloading this weekend and wife aggro dependant I'll be there for Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't run around in a blind panic without TS, how would you hear my whimpering cries otherwise?

All mods installed and I've spent a bit of time running around on Altis getting used to Arma 3 again. I also grabbed Stalkergb's British MTP uniform mod, which along with the L85A2, takes me back to my good old days...

Back