Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Anyone beat CMFB Day of Attrition? Suppression broken?

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
So I was working on (playing) the CMFB scenario Day of Attrition over the weekend. I started it up several times over the years and somehow never managed to beat it.
It's a very big infantry battle where you have two battalions of Germans but no direct fire vehicles - not even halftracks. You have to take two very heavily fortified towns.

Fire and movement is the name of the game. However, it seems it's almost impossible to suppress many of the US positions. I had two HMG42 hammering away on a single building at 500m for minutes, then sent some guys across open ground. They took accuracte fire from the building. At this point, I decided to cease fire and check who these super soldiers were who were able to shrug off suppression like that.

It turned out they were... green. And their suppression meter was empty. They had a +1 leader and were in command range of their platoon HQ, so that of course helps them perform better and to be less suppressed, but still I would expect that they would be somewhat suppressed from the sheer volume of fire.

So I have two questions: Anyone beat this mission? And is suppression massively undermodelled?

Last edited:
Just realised that I posted this in the CM modern titles forum.. Maybe a moderator could move it to the right place? @Bootie ?

Back