Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 FGM standardized modlist discussion

I've had GM since it launched so all fine with me, including the other mods.

The map is pretty good but there are mod maps that are pretty much the same.

Here is the proposed new modern modlist: Dropbox
Here is the proposed modlist with the Global Mobilization: Dropbox

The new modlist contains a few new mods such as Finnish and Swedish forces and a new map. We are updating alongside the community we borrow the server from for easy compatibility. The GM modlist includes a few compatibility and reskin mods but besides that it's basically the same as the new modern list.

Users without the GM CDLC will need to use this mod - Workshop
(which is basically the whole CDLC with restrictions.)

@Aurelius was there any change in the WW2 modset?
I don't think we have changed anything about the Vietnam modlist.

Edit:
Updated WW2 Modlist: Dropbox
Updated WW2 Modlist (Non LITE): Dropbox
Updated Vietnam list will come shortly.

Edit 2:
I made an oopsie, modlists WW2 and Modern updated again today (29/01/22)
(Accidentally left a client side mod when updating the list)

Last edited:
Ok i have fixed the WW2 one, can you update the Vietnam one and send it to me.

Well the Vietnam modlist should have the small quality of life mods that the modern and WW2 lists also have been updated with. Stuff like Brighter Flares, GRAD trenches, headlamps etc.
Also about the WW2 list. There is a new upload of the IFA3, in case you guys haven't noticed. The mod team apparently lost access to the old one or something and couldn't get the issue resolved, so they reuploaded the mod and also have started to update the mod with HD textures.

So does post 62 have the links to all the final updated FGM modlists?

I am going away to a party this weekend, so I'm not sure if I will be able to attend this Sunday as I will be arriving back in the late afternoon.
In addition, there's lots of stuff being juggled in real life for me at the moment (including moving house) so my attendance will probably be very patchy over the next couple of months.
I will still try to attend sessions if I can make it.

Kinda, i am planning on making a sticky thread for the updated 'official' modlists.
Vietnam update is missing.

We are planning a small update to the modlist.

Server side mods:
(not needed for the clients, only the server and potentially the mission maker)
Deformer - Allows the editor to deform terrain and make trenches

Client side mods:
Simplex Support Services - Allows for simple AI artillery and transport to be available too the players.
Drongos Artillery - More in dept module for AI artillery, allowing a spotter to correct fire, etc.
Mutambara - Small African map (200mb)
Better CAS Environment - Not sure how much it would be used, but i am hoping to make more split missions (ground + air/tank/etc)
Fapovo Island - A better version of Isla Abramia/Isla Duala

Other mods for consideration
Unconventional Actors - Builds upon 3CB and RHS to add more factions like Norway, Syria, Ukraine, IS, PLA, PMC, etc.
Improved Craters - Cool idea but i am concerned for its stability.

Mods for removal
Isla Duala
- Not really used
Isla Abramia - Not really used

Only Mutambara and Fapovo will add disk space, but should be offset by the removal of the other two maps.
Unconventional Actors would add about 700mb.

We might want to consider removing some more maps that are not really used such as Beketov and Hellanmaa.

Last edited:
Improved Craters - Cool idea but i am concerned for its stability.
If it's gonna impact performance or cause desyncing I'd rather not bother.
We might want to consider removing some more maps that are not really used such as Beketov and Hellanmaa.
I'd like to keep Hellanmaa because it has a winter version and the only other winter map on the modern modset is winter variant of Chernarus.

I have decided against adding Unconventional Actors as its rather unfinished as of now.
I am planning on re-adding the BettIR mod as it allows us to use IR illuminators alongside our NVGs.
Isle Duala and Abramia has been removed in favor of the never map from the same island (Fapovo Island)
The african map of Mutambara have been added as they have fixed a rather annoying bug with the mod.
I have added Better CAS Environment for testing, might combine this role with the simplex JTAC.

The changes adds about 200mb total to the modlist.
You can delete Isle Duala and Abramia.

Drongos artillery + simplex support service has been added.
It will allow our H&M games to have both AI transport and support assets.

Example:
  • We could have access to mortar / artillery with HE, Smoke and illumination rounds. (Drongos artillery)
    • Requires the spotter to input both his own location and the target, artillery needs to be adjusted by spotting rounds.
    • Artillery has realistic delay, and the battery FC reports back to the spotter.
    • Also supports in dept options such as creeping barrage, air burst, target point / circle / box area.
    • Support for recon drones, as well as automatic input of the spotter by Micro Daggr.
  • Transport helicopter (Simplex)
    • Sling Loading
    • Insertion by landing and fast rope
    • Pickup by pre-planned LZ or smoke
    • Sling loading of crates and vehicles
  • Attack helicopter for emergencies (Simplex)
    • With optional ROE / Weapon selection)
  • Logistics airdrops (Simplex)
    • Cargo or vehicle drop (preset)
    • By plane or helicopter. (Thinking of using the C-130)
My plan is to limit artillery (probably only mortar for H&M) to a single spotter role, and leave the simplex support systems to either a JTAC role or the officer.

I have only updated the modern modlist, @Vartuoosi will be responsible for the WW2 one.

I am planning on removing a map or two but i am not sure which one will get the axe.

Last edited:
I am looking at adding this map for our modlist. I feel that it offers a lot of playability for its filesize (less than 200mb). It is a really good fit of any Iraq settings, Takistani setting or for a PMC setting.

Global Ops Terrains
(actually two maps, but the other one is a really small tropical island.)

It contains a presidential palace, a big embassy, a huge oil refinery, power plant facilities, a large town, many small towns, mountains, open desert with oil jacks, a monastery, a large central highway, a prison, small runways, mines, rivers and green-zones, etc.

It's still unfinished but just had a big update.

1678574327062.png

Last edited:
Back