Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 session Sunday 30th October - 11:00 GMT

Aurelius

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
@DoubleD @Concord @Gnarly @Nathangun @Redbully @Vartuoosi and anyone else willing to join.

We will be playing Hearts and Minds this Sunday. Time zone and clocks going back an hour shenanigans... Keep the starting time in mind!

Modern mod list required.

Connection parameters:

Server IP: 195.201.198.100
Server Port: 2302
Password: FBM

TS address: srv32.ts3.hu:4000

The mission should work with both low and high player count. With a low turn out we can still do patrols and low intensity action and save the heavy lifting for when we are more players.

We are playing a slightly newer edition of the mission @DoubleD ran on Tanoa with modded factions.
We will be playing hearts and minds on Altis. We will be playing as early 2000's AAF force with equipment loosely based on the Greek army with some post Warsaw pact insperation. It will likely be a multi session ordeal, as well as a filler between curated missions.

• Avoiding civilian casualties and collateral damage will be important. - See this link.
    • We will need to interact with the civilian population to get intel about the enemy.
  • Supply lines are stretched so we will not receive much in form of logistics between sessions. We are required to take care of our equipment as well as recovering damaged and destroyed vehicles. Commandeering civilian vehicles or vehicle parts will not help our goodwill. Vehicles are persistent and will be wherever we left them.
  • We will have to recover our own KIA and WIA, as our total manpower is limited.
  • Subduing enemy combatants and taking prisoners is important for the overall peacekeeping effort.
  • We are our self responsible for setting up FOB's.
  • Any form of support is at least 20 minutes out (Jets from Stratis, helicopter will take longer)
  • Rifle optics are in limited supply.
I hope for the best @Nathangun.

Last edited:
Looks like an interesting mission, thanks for setting it up guys. (y)

Wow Nathangun. I'm guessing it's been a bit stressful for you mate. Good work taking advantage of modern medicine and making your health a priority. I'm sure you will be fine mate. Glad you'll be able to join us for the FGM session too. :love:

Gnarly...no excuse mate. Get your priorities straight. ;) Enjoy chilling, hope you're having fun.

Some LAV action.
Sw7KkWN.jpg

Decided to do some research on the IED's, its not that hard when you first know how to do it, just slightly time consuming. If they are in the open away from buildings its probably best to blow them up, if they are in town you need to do it the old fashion way. Any engineer should be able to do it.

How to defuse IED's
1: Make sure the detector is activated and headset connected.
2: Move, stop, search, move, stop search.
3: If you hear sound from the detector be extra careful and try to locate the direction.

Sometimes you can tell where the IED is
20221031011827_1.jpg
20221031011853_1.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on where you find the IED, if its not in the immediate vicinity of enemies defusing them isn't that hard. Also very much depend on the squad size, you could cordon of the immediate area as the engineer work if you have more than 6 players.
I don't think they respawn so removing them should only be a one time job, and of course a block of C4 is the preferred way to deal with them.

With a detector and flags you can at least make the IED obvious.

What sound setting is the detector sound tied to?
I've had problems with getting the detector alarm to be audible.
It's definitively tied to "EFFECTS" volume, both with and without connected headphones. I assume you have activated the detector, also if you swap weapons you need to reactivate it. I do see a thread from 2020 saying they changed the volume from -20db to -2db.

Can't find any specific ACE options tied to detector volume but i have seen some other threads about people with the same issue. Could be some software noise cancellation causing issues.
Edit: The metal detector sound files is in .wav format so there should be no issues there as its allowed by default unlike ACRE's .b64 files. I have now whitelisted .b64 so that the radio beeps work again.

Good video from 3CB on the subject for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Back