Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 session Sunday 6th November - 11:00 GMT / 12:00 CET

Redbully

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
We will be continuing our Altis Hearts and Minds campaign. (Plans might change if someone makes a mission).
For those not present last time, we are playing a COIN operation on Altis based on the AAF in the early 2000's.

We will be using the modern modlist found here.

Server IP: 195.201.198.100
Server Port: 2302
Password: FBM
TS address: srv32.ts3.hu:4000

I should be there.
Continuing the convo about the mine sweepers, I tested them yesterday while finishing up my next mission(we can play that next week).
And it turns out the mines from IFA don't work with ACE detectors. Well you can detect them while the mines are just placed on the ground unarmed but once you arm the mines they become undetectable by ACE detectors, the vanilla mine detector works just fine.
I haven't tested whatever mines RHS & 3CB might have.

Hmm, i see that the IFA3 Ace compat mod haven't been updated in two years so the issue could be there, or that the mines in IFA3 are incorrectly configured.

Directive from AAF High Command
Usage of heavy calibers in built up areas is banned during coin and peacekeeping operations.
The rule applies to any calliber above 12.7mm, (including 12.7mm rotary guns) Exceptions to this is the following:
  • A town or village where leaflets have been dropped telling the civilians to seek cover.
  • A town or village where there is a confirmed rebel hideout. (Collateral damage should still be avoided where possible)
  • Man portable rocket systems and single fire 40mm grenades. (Crew served weapons are not an exception)
Execution of enemy combatants is also banned. You are not required to give immediate medical aid if the situation does not permit doing so, but zip-ties or handcuffs should be used over bullets. prisoners and informants are important to the COIN effort.

Last edited:
Just making sure my Modern collection is Ok, have you guys added Advanced Rapelling and Hellenma (plus a few others) in the last 6 months?

An AAF squad on their way to pick up their causalities
1667748068840.png
After hard battles in the village of Panagia, the lead elements of the AAF forces where forced to pull back leaving their dead due too lack of nightvision equipment, in the morning they went back inn to collect their casualties and clear out the town of any hostiles.

AAF high command have promised a hasty shipment of 3rd generation nightvision equipment and thermal equipped surveillance drones too the front.

Sitrep:
The team has the rough location of a weapons cache as well as a general 4km² area where there might be a rebel hideout. The new directives seems to have worked as the team captured multiple prisoners as well as raised their reputation amongst the civilian population.

The team has set up a FOB in the old Pyrgos Military Base. The Island Capital of Pyrgos is under rebel control and will require the teams attention. The town is especially important due to it's status and it's administrative buildings. Dropping leaflets to evacuate the civilians too the central church and then moving in with both air and ground support is advised.

Rebel operated drones have proved to be problematic, High Command have authorized experimental anti drone warfare equipment to be tested at the front by trained UAV operators. Training with the Spectrum device will commence.

Other info:
Next week will likely be a mission by @Vartuoosi, another session of H&M will be a backup.

Back