Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 Session Thursday 2nd April

Good session on the Eastern Front @Josey Wales, thanks for running it.
Was good to chat with @Vartuoosi @Gnarly and @Paleolithic Monk too.
Great that Monk could join us despite the early hour in the US.
Sounds like I was the ARMA3 novice in the group.

We missed a stray enemy hiding in the bushes that wiped us.
A stray mortar round made mincemeat of us at one stage too.
A tough fight in the ruins, all of us pinned down by fire while we tried to locate the source.

With Vartuoosi's capable squad leadership, we got the jump on a mortar battery.
Vartuoosi and Gnarly closed in with their PPSh SMG's, while Monk and I used our rifles.
Grenades flying everywhere, and Gnarly laid waste to an armoured car with his bazooka.

Later we arrived at an airfield. I was admiring the Stukas (and trying without success to get into the tail gunner position),
when 2 truckloads of enemies disembarked in the distance. Finally, my bolt action Mosin-Nagant was not a liability.
A long range fire fight developed. Had to steady my aim to get shots on targets, and take cover from return fire.

Another fun session of FGM guys. It'd be great to get some more of us to join and have a full squad.
Thanks very much Josey. Looking forward to the next one guys.

Just clarifying my comments last night; would love a mission with some transportation between objectives (e.g. unarmoured halftrack or something or HMG jeep). I had forgotten that the driver role can be very unpopular, particularly when locked down to first person only. That said, is actually an excellent role for the Zeus / game master person, if they want to interact more directly with the team, without being able to influence outcomes.

Also a little more urban would be nice - between the lack of visibility in the trees, and the issues around boulders, something more concrete would be nice (see what I did there??)

Back