Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 Training Session 3rd October - 12:00 BST - British Summer Time

Aurelius

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
@DoubleD @Concord @Gnarly @holoween @Nathangun

The mod list is relatively big, but the idea is to have this one mod list and use it for the future.

There is a separate mod list for ww2, and the idea is same - to have one standard ww2 mod list and use it.

Basically, the idea is to stop the constant mod swapping and in the end make it easier for everyone.

No screenshots, we were fully engaged in exploring ACRE 2 settings and radios, plus with some urban warfare.

As we are already playing on a dedicated server, I find it best to utilize it fully. The modlist itself is not big, standard modlists are twice the size. It requires minimal input from the player - some hard drive space and some time. ACRE 2 instals automaticaly, so there is no input required from the player. It beats discord for comunication on every front.

One standard modlist means no swapping mods every week, no downloading new mods every now and then.

We need to set up a vanilla group for us guys that wanna jump on now and again and shoot some stuff... LOL
Those who make missions have usually played the vanilla ArmA content to death, and it doesn't really help that the assets are so bland. Maybe that's where the creator DLC comes in (S.O.G. Prerie fire and Global mobilization).

S.O.G. just received a new huge map base on the Quang Tri Province.

Depending on whether you own the DLC or not, you had a download ranging from 10 gb to 26 (or so). Maybe that also added to the numbers...

I don't think people look at the total file size rather than the perceived file size (amount of mods).

I've finally downloaded the new mod list.

Because we have been swapping around time periods and locations, I haven't been deleting any mods.
According to Steam, my ARMA3 uses 71GB (base game?). Not sure how to calculate the add-ons, but my Workshop content folder is 165GB (and I only have mod content for ARMA3).
@Aurelius does the mod list I imported (listed at the top of this thread) include the WW2 stuff, or is that an additional set to download?

Our Sunday missions have been quite entertaining.
But the idea of learning a whole new system is kinda sapping my enthusiasm.
We were using ACE and now ACRE? How different is it to the one we have at the moment?
I was just getting used to ACE. :sneaky:

In addition, our dwindling numbers of players has been a bit disappointing.
We only have 4 or 5 for our sessions now.
Not a huge problem I guess, but when we had regular groups of 8 or so, it somehow seemed more dynamic and exciting, like a whole squad.

From what I understand, this new list of mods is to keep things simple, without swapping mods around each week, which seems like a good idea.
I also appreciate the effort each of you guys make to design and set up missions each week.

I will have a think about whether to take a break or not.

Last edited:
The only new system is a different radio system (That once configured should be easier to use than TFAR, as there is no need to mess with radio frequency at the start of every mission). We are still using ACE, ACRE replaces TFAR. The other changes have been swapping from the CUP mods to an RHS based mod list. RHS is more detailed than CUP, but assets wise there is a lot of crossover and therefore no need to have both, they are similar in size.

WW2 mods are not included in that pack as they don't really work well with modern stuff and has potential for conflict. The WW2 mod pack should essentially be what we used last mission + northern fronts. I will re-upload the ww2 mod list tomorrow if Aurelius doesn't beat me to it.

You can delete these mods:
CUP Units
CUP Weapons
CUP Vehicles
Community Factions Project (CFP)

That should save some space. I will have to double check what other mods might be left over as well.

Last edited:
@Concord
Like Red said the modern and WW2 mod lists are separate. Not much has changed with WW2 and to add one more point to the major revamp of the modern list is that it's the same list that Aurelius' group uses to minimize the hassle for the server admin, we are using their server after all.
ACRE is simpler than TFAR for your average user since nearly all of the setup is done by the mission maker. You pretty much only need to know your keybinds for talking locally and for transmitting and maybe hotkey to cycle radios if you have multiple. Only user end setup of the radios you might have to do is with vehicle radios and that's done with like two clicks.

Adding to the mods you can delete:
CSA38
September39
Cold War Rearmed 3

Here is the preset file I used for the mission I made yesterday. I used a WW2 list Aurelius linked to me and Red week or two ago and we kinda agreed on it.

WW2 list adds only minor mods, like some compatibility stuff. Everything else you already have.

As Red and Vart pointed out, the only major change is in the modern list - RHS and 3CB mods instead of CUP.

ACE is going nowhere. It interacts quite well with ACRE 2. ACRE on the other hand simulates electromagnetic spectrum of warfare.

If you delete the stuff pointed out in previous posts, you'll save some 25 gb, maybe more.

Back