Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 Vietnam session Sunday 26th April

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
To give Josey the chance to actually get some game time I shall host the next session.

We will again be in Vietnam using the 'Unsung' mod on Sunday 26th April at 13:00 BST. You know you want to ;)

Server name: DD FGM
Password: DoubleD

Search for the server via the ArmA 3 launcher (see the Server tab at the bottom of the left hand menu) as it seems this is the most successful method to connect

The mission is for 10 players max (not including me), so it's first come first served unless you've put your name forward
Required mods are;

Unsung - https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=943001311
CBA_A3 - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450814997
Shack Tac User Interface - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498740884

Please ensure you have no other mods running.

Comms will be via in game VON (Voice Over Network)

Same house rules that Josey has been running;

1. No team killing
2. No shooting in the base/briefing area
3. No swearing, within reason.... It is 'nam after all
5. No looting. Resupply will be provided in the field as required

I will start the briefing at 13:05 BST. Please make sure you are on the server well before then so any connection issues can be sorted out prior to starting - especially if you are new to ArmA.

Please be aware that if you do arrive late you will need to sort out any problems you are having by yourself so as not to impact on everyone else's session.

Add me on Steam if you haven't done so already (my Avatar is a snail). Same name, DoubleD, real name Jason, location UK (Yes it really is the same as Josey!!!).

Please direct anyone else here that you think might be interested.

Put your names forward below and looking forward to seeing you in the field.

Role Call
@Josey Wales
@holoween
@Vartuoosi
@Gnarly
@Concord
@Nathangun
@Bootie

Last edited:
Yeah, great fun, thanks guys. Good story missions @DoubleD. A decent turnout of FGM grunts too.

@DoubleD and @Josey Wales how do you host a scenario you've made? From your own computer at home?
Can you host it on a separate server? Like one that you rent or something?
I'm thinking of possibly having a crack at scenario design in the future. Could be a fun project.

You can run from your personal computer, that's how I did today. I don't think it's worth renting a server, it might get a bit costly for the casual use in FGM. Use the editor to set something basic up, then use Zeus to edit on the fly as the GM.

Thanks DoubleD and everyone for another great session! I'd forgotten how much I love the trusty M14 whether in Nam or in Afghanistan.... And the love you can share with an M-79! Soooo much fun!!!!

I have to admit I did more enjoy the tension/anticpation of walking through the jungle of the previous mission, rather than 'running into contact' this time (I understand the clock ticking of course). Just didn't feel as immersive.. 'D Even the occasional civilian and snakes in the jungle last time was nerve-wracking

Re comms, I think it will be difficult to run two teams/sections using just in-game VON (comms get too cluttered), but implementing TFAR or similar through teamspeak is onerous for casual players who are doing 1 game a week/fortnight, in terms of setup (button reconfiguration away from VON, radio channel setting/config, teamspeak setup, addon setup for teamspeak, direct versus radio buttons, etc). Certainly a core-group of regulars could do so, but it would create a significant barrier for irregulars, who you really want to on-board.

DD, for the final 'turkey shoot', I think even a few Game Mastered salvos of light mortar fire onto our positions (with a few preliminary spotting rounds to tension things up) would have really changed things up on our side, and added a bit more dynamics to the situation. Loved the animated base btw!

Just my 5 cents

Thanks again!

Well. I wanna see. :D
I realise that it takes time to edit a vid, and you guys may not have time.

Then again, as the Merovingian said in Matrix Reloaded,
"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?"
(What a delightfully horrible prat)

Back