Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Arma3 Interaction menu request for understanding

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
As a Newbie playing Arma3 Apex, I was recently in a co-op session using the ACE mod. I've never seen it before and didn't understand how to use it.
Apparently, the Interaction Menu works differently with this mod as it does in vanilla. Can someone point me to an instruction set for how to use ACE?

The vanilla mod Inventory key

ArmA3-BoxInteraction-Inside.jpg

The vanilla mod Interaction Menu [Middle Mouse Wheel/button]
A translucent window appears in the upper left corner. You scroll to the funtion desired and press the middle mouse wheel to perform that action.

arma3_endgame_screenshot02.jpg

ACE mod Interaction Menu - Windows key?
How does this work? What keys does one use for this?

ACE Mod

g24jyEr.png

Wow, ARMA 3 models weapon temperature now? Or ACE does?

Increased chance of a jam or something?

Just a suggestion, maybe learn how the vanilla game works before diving into ACE.

Wow, ARMA 3 models weapon temperature now? Or ACE does?

Increased chance of a jam or something?
That's part of ACE and yes overheated weapons will malfunction.
On many lmg's you can swap out the heated barrel for a cooler one if you are carrying a spare barrel.

Just a suggestion, maybe learn how the vanilla game works before diving into ACE.
<snipped>

I would prefer sticking with Vanilla for now but the scenario's we played appeared to require ACE & ACE Compatibility mods to play.
QUESTION: Can one play such scenario's without subscribing to ACE?

Thank you for the ACE hyperlinks, @Josey Wales. It's the kind of reference material I was looking for to learn about this.

I didn't realise that was just an ACE thing. I don't think I've played much without it.

That's why ACE totally confused me in the scenario's we played. I'm still learning vanilla in the Arma3 tutorials. ACE however seems to wholly override the vanilla Interactions and Inventory menu controls. That's why I had no idea how to perform those kinds of tasks and actions on your server.

QUESTION: Is ACE required for such scenario's? What happens to in-game interactions and inventory keys in such games?
Also, where can one find fully complete ACE user documentation? All the keys and step-by-step how they work?

I didn't make the original map I just edited it and made it multiplayer. You need ACE to play that particular scenario.

Back