Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ARMA3 MODS PART 2 : PLAYWITHSIX

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok guys I would like to introduce a mod manager that will greatly increase your enjoyment and experience of ARMAIII. It will enable us to use different forces, vehicles, weapons and even fight on different maps.

*To keep up to date with the FGM in ARMA3 please do the following.

Go to this site -> http://play.withsix.com/

And click on the download button top right.

1_zps7e14b81e.jpg

After you pressed launch game it will load ARMA3 quicker... it does not have a splash screen now. That's a bonus straight of.

On the main page you will see this little icon.

12344-03_zps3155332f.jpg

Now go ahead and click on editor. Wow... look at that... we have like loads of new maps to play on. Fire one up in the editor and throw some units down!!

arma32014-01-1900-19-33-10_zpse601b964.jpg

Here I am checking out the scenery in Takistan.

arma32014-01-1900-28-10-17_zps37a8069a.jpg

So this is the first of the mods going into our FGM mod set. Please do not post in this thread to reply as it is a tutorial walking through our PlayWithSix mod set. Let me know how you guys get on and use the other PlayWithSix mod discussion to highlight any problems. Guys give this a go.. it is real easy to just un-highlight the FGM mod collection and return to vanilla ARMA3. That's all for now...

CBA_A3 Community Base add-ons is the 2nd of the mods going into our FGM mod set. Please do not post in this thread to reply as it is a tutorial walking through our PlayWithSix mod set. Let me know how you guys get on and use the other PlayWithSix mod discussion to highlight any problems. Guys give this a go.. it is real easy to just un-highlight the FGM mod collection and return to vanilla ARMA3. That's all for now...

Mods Installed into the FGM Compilation are....

Capture_zps2c55f08a.jpg

Confirmed players up to date so far are...

Bootie
NathanGun
DoubleD
Eniced73
Ithikial

Last edited:
The third add on to be put in the FGM collection is the Blastcore A3 from the Effects section. This is a visual improvement which makes for some dramatic explosions and intense night time fire fights!!

I'm working my way through PlayWithSix and cherry picking the best mods to improve our experience. Please do keep your FGM collection up to date.

At present we have 3 mods installed, The Map Pack, Community Base Addons and Blastcore A3.

Ok.... here is the complete list of addons I intend to have us run at FGM up to this point.

Community Base Add Ons - CBA_A3 [This allows us to use other mods.]
Maps - A3MP [A collection of maps from Arma2.]
Effects - Blast Core A3 [An awesome visual effects mod which adds depth to the game.]
Other Forces - African Conflict [Adds an African based OpFor - Also installs a Russian weapons mod.]
Sounds - JSRS2 - [A sound mod which enhances the game experience.]
User Interface - VZ-CMS [Copy my stance... this allows AI friendlies to exactly copy your stance. An improvement on the default.]

So this is what we will be running with. Some other mods are running but they are server side and we still have to get ACRE working.

@Spear... do you agree with the above?

Everything cept the map pack which I still cannot get to work I need to test again tonight as I haven't tried the latest 1.3a (since it needed to be uploaded to the server again).

Ok.... here is the complete list of addons I intend to have us run at FGM up to this point.
Effects - Blast Core A3 [An awesome visual effects mod which adds depth to the game.]
Isn't that a clientside mod?
And if it isn't, don't you think it's kind of a dick move to add a mod that's gonna rape the framerates of people who don't have powerful computers?

The dedicated server will now let you join with the following mods enabled:
CBA_A3.
A3MP (Map pack must be 1.3a).
J.S.R.S. (sound improvement).
Blast Core A3 (visual improvement).
ACRE (radio improvement (requires teamspeak)).
MCC_sandbox (Allows one person dynamic control of mission as admin)

Hi Bootie,
The reason the african mod is not on the server at present is due to this:
Dedicated Server FIX:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/01...serv_fix0.1.7z

I haven't had time to work out what or why there is a fix...

The other problem is I cannot update the server from playwithsix (since this would need more access to the server than provided) and as a result have to keep checking versions and manually upload everything to the server each time a mod changes.
Uploading over broadband is very slow due to the tiny bandwidth so I usually update the server from work.

Back