FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Hello all,

The new patches have been released (v 4.03 for CMBN, and v2.03 for CMFB). Those of you with games in process, please contact your opponent and coordinate the installation of patches if you wish. I would recommend it, since it makes for a better game, but I will leave it up to you. For those of you who somehow haven't started yet (get moving), please update with the patch before the game. For games in progress, see the following from A Canadian Cat...

"Yes, installing will effect on going games. DO NOT upgrade without informing your opponent and coordinating it with them.

You watch the turn, press the BRB and in the command phase save the turn. I usually place _saved at the end so I know what it is. Then after your upgrade (no reboot neccessary) you load the game you saved, issue your orders, and then press the BRB again. Make sure you remove the _saved 001 off the end if you added it and you are good to go."

@Meat Grinder
@MeatEtr
@sspoom
@JTimo
@Gunner
@jobu88
@Buckykatt
@fivefivesix
@Nort
@Nemesis
@SlySniper
@eniced73
@KG_Panther
@Patton1945
@hungry animals
@Jolly Olly

@WinOrLose
@A Canadian Cat
@George MC
@CDavid
@Bill
@Stafford
@Lethaface
@Coopes
@Overwatch
@AVR
@Hedgehog
@Ibex
@Unfriendly
@VonPlutz
@Shorker
@Berto
@Panzerknacker
@Rico
@Gadinskii

Last edited:

Bill

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wargamebill@ymail.com
As a few player have suggested make a copy of the folder where the game exe is stored.

I have upgraded and all is ok. But sometimes things can go wrong for whatever reason.

A Canadian Cat

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
As a few player have suggested make a copy of the folder where the game exe is stored.

I have upgraded and all is ok. But sometimes things can go wrong for whatever reason.
Yep, I actually name my install diretories with the version number CMFB202, CMFB203 etc. And I just keep the old one around until all my games with the old one are done and wrapped up.

WinOrLose

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
georgeandsi@live.com
I'm going to avoid patching mid game if I can.

jobu88

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
christopher.earls88@gmail.com
I have patched up in CMBN along with Rico. Overwatch requested we don't patch CMFB until we're done which is ok with me. So I am good to go in both games.

WinOrLose

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
georgeandsi@live.com
@WinOrLose
Seeing I am dragging my ass on our game, do you want to patch before starting? I will get file out tomorrow regardless. I apologize.
No problem - I'll patch then - at least we wont have lost much if we need to restart.

Done.

Last edited:

Ibex

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere...

So I've upgraded my CMBN with the latest patch and have found that all of the names of units have changed as shown below... Please help!

Attachments