Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Bailed crews can get back in

P

PoorOldSpike

The selected Sher earlier took a hit and the crew (circled) bailed and ran, yet the tank doesn't seem damaged, it's data strip simply says 'Dismounted'-
lo7.gif

So I order the crew to run back to it (put their waypoint on the tank), and they automatically get back in (no need to issue a 'Mount' order), and it can be ordered around again as normal-
lo8.gif

Remounting doesn't always work, though - the tank mustn't be too damaged and the crew must be willing to recrew their vehicle. Not always possible. One can also crew "Dismounted" vehicles with other vehicles' crews.

That is a GREAT option. ! Does it work for abandoned guns as well ?

No. doesn't work for guns. VERY important. Abandoned guns are presumed to be rigged/destroyed by the crews so they won't fall into enemy hands. Vehicles don't, but not every vehicle will be "re-crewable".

Yeah, noticed that in the learning campaign I'm doing against AI, "Panzer Marsch", fun by the way. I was moving to recrew a Panther when the game ended. A useful thing to know.

I noticed that when you re-crew the vehicle with someone other than a tank crew, they gladly drive the tank around but won't fricken shoot.

Remounting doesn't always work, though - the tank mustn't be too damaged and the crew must be willing to recrew their vehicle.
As long as the AFV is not "knocked out", and as long as the crew is willing to obey orders (not panicked, routed, etc), you can recrew a vehicle. Damage doesn't seem to matter, other than soldiers that are rattled or nervous not wanting to get back into a damaged/immobile vehicle sometimes.

One can also crew "Dismounted" vehicles with other vehicles' crews.
Not true. Crews and vehicles are tied to one another. You can ONLY recrew a vehicle with the original crew from that vehicle. For example, you cannot take a crew from a destroyed Sherman and have them mount a Sherman that is operable, but who's crew has panicked and fled. Trying to move any solders into a tank other than the original crew simply gives the "guard" pointer icon (instead of the five sided green "mount" pointer, it's black and red).

Hiram Sedai said:
I noticed that when you re-crew the vehicle with someone other than a tank crew, they gladly drive the tank around but won't fricken shoot.
Again, you cannot crew a tank with anyone other than the original crew that were in the vehicle to begin with. It doesn't work for other tank crews and it certainly doesn't work for rifle squads, HQs, etc. I've seen tanks that would operate and not shoot, but they either had gun damage or the commander and gunner had both been killed.

Back