Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle administration

B

Blady

Hi All,

A post by @ChuckDyke over at the battlefornt forums peaked my interest. Since I do not have a battlefront forums account and was to lazy to make one, I thought maybe it would be a nice subject to discuss here.

What are people using for during-battle administration. How do you record plans, contacts, ideas, etc.? @ChuckDyke can tou maybe share an example of an excel that you use?

I'm in the middle of experimenting with setting up some of my own battle administration so just wondering how other people do it.

Here is my template. Set up a Troop Leading Procedure. Make Tasks and Assignments.
excel.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

The dates are your play dates? So a turn daily?

So if capturing key area 1 (say, a patch of woods) is an objective, i'd task 1st platoon to do it, then simply put 1st platoon on the who column (say i decided on the 1st of march) , and if they capture it on the 5th of march i check "done"?

Thanks for sharing!

The dates are your play dates? So a turn daily?

So if capturing key area 1 (say, a patch of woods) is an objective, i'd task 1st platoon to do it, then simply put 1st platoon on the who column (say i decided on the 1st of march) , and if they capture it on the 5th of march i check "done"?
Yes, a couple of turns. This is only a template. Task Leaders Recon. (Move to contact organize defence). Task Scout Recon (Salute) Size, Activity, Location, Unit, Turn (Time) Equipment. So each unit has a task. Task Security (Organize Defense) Scouts on Overwatch. Say a Company. Alpha Platoon Security (Find Location of Enemy and pass on contact Icons to Company HQ. Now Bravo Platoon Assaults the Contact Icons of Alpha Platoon. Because the enemy is unaware of Bravo Platoon. Taking objectives is a terrain focused attack, destroying enemy units is an Assault. I have half a dozen standard orders for which I have abbreviations. If a scout takes fire, he has failed, his task. I have maybe half a dozen turns a day. In a battle, certain units have certain tasks. This spreadsheet is tactics based.

Sounds like too much work to me. But it might be a great learning curve shortening method.
As someone who is inherently lazy, I've been "winging it" based on memory and what I see on the films up to now. Too often I find myself however skipping/forgetting things or only reacting to what I see in the movie. I'm going to try something like this to see what changes it brings. It's likely to "slow down"my game a bit more, as I fully realize my main weakness is being too rash/too ad-hoc in the field making me too reactive, with the concequence of making a total mess out of things and causing way more casualties then needed I think.

Also depends on the house rules you play. The integrity of the C2 is on top of the list. Scouts almost never share Intel with different HQs you must set it up. Example Security Platoon of Alpha Company provides security for the scouting units. The scouts fall back on the Security Platoon whose task it is to provide the Intel to Alpha Company and defend the scouting unit. I found Excel a great help. Tomorrow my opponent arrives to play the next few turns of a huge battle. You need to have an administration in place.

Back