Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Hello Good Men!

This is the first campaign of The Brigade Battles. It will use CMRT.
This campaign has been designed with the primary aim of providing players with a strategic setting. It seeks to minimize chores and maximize wargaming.
Much of the design is based upon the rules systems of Rico and Nathangun.

The size of each force is a Brigade (3 Regiments consisting of 3 Battalions each).
If there were 2 more of these campaigns happening next to this one...that is a full DIVISION. :oops:
Who knows - this may be the largest Combat Mission campaign in the world! :D

Historical background

It's based loosely on the Lvov-Sandomierz Offensive, mid 1944.

While the enormous Operation Bagration was taking place in the central region of the Eastern Front, a secondary operation was taking place at the same time, far to the south in north-western Ukraine and south-eastern Poland.

This campaign takes place in the second stage of the operation, with a renewed Soviet offensive in late July. The Soviets reached the Vistula River and established a strong bridgehead. This campaign will take place as the Soviet '1st Ukrainian Front' expands the bridgehead, while the German's 'Army Group North Ukraine' counterattacks in attempts to contain them.

What is required to participate

A copy of Combat Mission Rolling Thunder patched to version 2.02

You must be able to:
- Check the campaign forum regularly (and have email notifications for new threads in this section turned on).
- When you are assigned a battle, you must try to keep up the pace of PBEM game turns to at least once a day (within reason - real life takes priority obviously).
- If you will be away longer than a few days, inform your fellow players (and be prepared for someone to possibly take over your battle).
- When you start a battle, you will need to make regular updates (every few turns) on the forums regarding how the battle is progressing and any interesting developments.
Regular text reporting is the minimum. The occasional accompanying picture (or even video) will be appreciated by your fellow team mates (and me!).
- After each battle, you and your opponent will be required to work out percentage of damage for your side (using simple calculations) and report the results.

then and now.jpg

Last edited:

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Last edited:

Shorker

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Yes! :love:

I would like to take part in this campaign, please. :)

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only an idea regarding the setup of games, controling and implementing a substitute/replacement player (if that should ever be necessary).

You ( @Concord ) could setup the matches (without doing the deployment of the troops), create a password for each side and give this password to the players.
In addition you are also taking part in every dropbox folder and so you can open every turn if you want and watch the battle's progress at any time.
And by doing so you could also help the players calculating the losses after the battles.

How's that? ;)

Last edited:

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only an idea regarding the setup of games, controling and implementing a substitute/replacement player (if that should ever be necessary).

You ( @Concord ) could setup the matches (without doing the deployment of the troops), create a password for each side and give this password to the players.
In addition you are also taking part in every dropbox folder and so you can open every turn if you want and watch the battle's progress at any time.
And by doing so you could also help the players calculating the losses after the battles.

How's that? ;)
Yes, that is exactly how it will roll.

As GM, I will select the map, set the parameters (such as victory location and set-up zones), and then start a quick battle for the players.
Other than spot checks as needed (to sort out any problems that may come up), I don't plan on opening pbem game files.
All of the news from the battles needs to be provided by the players in their battle thread in their side's forum.
All post battle results will be calculated by the players themselves (about 1 minute of very simple admin).

Nathangun

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com

How's that? ;)
I fully support this idea.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
Returning from a (too) lengthy absence ... sign me up, please, if there's still room.

Haven't read any of the thread(s) yet, so not sure exactly to what I'm signing up ... but I'm sure it will be good!

Now to go back to the beginning and learn something ... hopefully!

Redbully

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
I would like to take part if there is room.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Stafford @Coopes @Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Wellsonian @Panzerknacker @Gunner @Shorker @eniced73 @PhilM @Redbully

Well guys, I think we are almost ready to launch into the 'wild blue yonder'!

We have a dozen players.
The map, the counters and the rules are pretty much done.
The battle maps are assembled (I just sent an email to @Panzer_Kraut to give him the heads up about the campaign).

@Panzerknacker will command the German side.
@Nathangun will command the Russian side.

It might be a good time for the rest of you guys to let us know which side you would prefer to fight on. 'Either one' is a valid answer too.

indiana jones raiders lost ark_Image32.jpg

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Heeey, good to see you @Panzer_Kraut !! :cool:

Your help with assembling all the CMRT maps (ever created in the history of electronic gaming) was a massive help for this campaign. Thank you buddy.

Redbully

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
I would like to play for the Russian side.

jobu88

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
christopher.earls88@gmail.com
I will take part ! Either side, or both as needed.