Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Axis:
@Panzerknacker @Stafford @Shorker @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Sgt Grunt @Panzer_Kraut @JTimo @Kraut @LastLeigh @Rik_atc

Soviet:
@Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @Fredrocker @olaf @MeatEtr @nektoman @George MC

Hello Good Men,

The Soviet side has completed their movement orders.
Updated maps have been posted to respective sides.

Shortly the Soviets will announce their attack orders.
Battle commanders can volunteer their readiness to fight, in their secret forums.

Game on! :2draw:

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Axis:
@Panzerknacker @Stafford @Shorker @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Sgt Grunt @Panzer_Kraut @JTimo @Kraut @LastLeigh @Rik_atc

Soviet:
@Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @Fredrocker @olaf @MeatEtr @nektoman @George MC

Guys, the round of battles from the first edition of this campaign were handled fairly well by and large, but there were a few mistakes made.
I'd like to refresh everyone's memory about how battles are handled so we have a flawless turn.
This saves time and frustration - yours...and mine. o_O
Not fun as a defender to create an elaborate defense, only to have to scrap and redo it all again because of an opponent's errors.
I will likely be building several battles this turn and I'd be grateful for your help! :2charge:

The Rules

ALL the rules (including the changes to this second edition of BB) are located in a single, short post - here.
Please take a moment (with your favourite coffee, tea, beer or whiskey) to read them before starting a battle.
Specifically, the compact section called QUICK BATTLE NOTES, which contains ALL the important information for battles.

The Battles

All units will be starting at 100% (no surprises there).
All Axis units will have dug-in status (3 lots of foxholes = 30).
At most, there will be 2 units attacking 1 defending unit (3+vs1's have been discarded).

Purchasing

Keep strictly within the rules when purchasing - both points spent and units allowed.
This is the most critical aspect of a successful battle! See some examples I made here.
If you can, copy and paste the QUICK BATTLE NOTES section of the rules into a text document and print it, so you can refer to it while setting up.

Remember to rename your parent unit (the first you buy) with the unit's name in the game (eg. 1-2-3).
Same goes for starting the purchasing for your second company (for the attackers - defenders will only have 1).
Double-check points spent, then add any GM extras / battalion artillery / fortifications as the final items.

As you're purchasing, also remember to pay attention to the details at the bottom of the screen - experience, motivation, leadership. Stick to the rules.

For those fighting with 2 companies, there will be 2 setup zones (corresponding to your entry locations on the campaign map).
Each of these will be labeled with the unit numbers. Please set up only those units in their designated areas (GM additions are exceptions).

During the battles

Please make regular reports in a battle thread you create in your 'secret' forums.
It is pretty boring to create battles and throw them into a black void.
It's very entertaining for your team members (and myself) to see the battles evolve at regular intervals - even if it's not going in your favour.
Also, try and keep the turns flowing (a turn a day shouldn't be too hard).
If you have real life delays, please say so in the forums (the open forum, so your opponent can read it as well).

Any questions, or if you get stuck, let me know.
Finally, I hope that the campaign and this round of battles will be enjoyable to all.

Last edited:

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au

The Soviet side have declared their attack orders.
Volunteer to fight in your respective forums. To arms!

3-7-2 and 3-7-3 will be attacking 1-1-2 in hex K5

3-7-1 and 3-8-2 will be attacking 1-1-1 in hex L6

3-8-1 and 3-8-3 will be attacking 3-7-1 in hex M7

3-9-2 and 3-9-1 will be attacking 3-7-2 in hex M9

assault3.jpg

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
The Axis are retreating 1st Bn. 2nd Co. (1-1-2) back from K5 into K6.
They take 10% losses in the retreat.
Unit strength list updated.

So that leaves 3 battles this turn:

3-7-1 and 3-8-2 will be attacking 1-1-1 in hex L6

3-8-1 and 3-8-3 will be attacking 3-7-1 in hex M7

3-9-2 and 3-9-1 will be attacking 3-7-2 in hex M9

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Axis:

Soviet:

Hello Good Men,

The Axis team has 3 battle commanders ready to fight. The Soviet side is still in the process.
I will be starting the construction of the battles.
Just a gentle reminder to battle commanders to read post #4 in this thread, regarding how to purchase units for the fight.

In hex L6, we have 2 tank companies attacking infantry in the major town of Surma (which is actually one of the campaign victory objectives).

In hex M7, we have 2 tank companies attacking an enemy tank company in woods.

In hex M9, we have 2 tank destroyer companies attacking an enemy tank company in open.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au

Turn 5 Battles

Each of the images of the battlefields are from the defender's perspective, looking east.
Both sides can view the map from the purchase screen.

Each of the attacking company's setup areas are labelled (with the unit name).
Attackers please set up companies in the correct area.

The Axis defenders start first. So, although the Soviets have not put together their team yet, the Axis side can begin their turn.
When you have finished your turn, create a Dropbox folder, invite me to it (and eventually your opponent as well) and upload your next file.

You can find the password you are required to use in your 'secret' forums.
Please read the rules section QUICK BATTLE NOTES and the Purchasing Examples before beginning!

Remember, the defenders' fortifications are 'free', as is any battalion artillery you may have been assigned by your CO.
Stick to your point limit and unit type / quality / characteristic restrictions.
Any questions, ask in your secret forums.

Enjoy, fellas!

Hex L6 - @Kraut vs @Vatutin85

3-7-1 and 3-8-2 attack 1-1-1
Two Soviet tank companies are attacking an Axis infantry company in the large town of Surma.
I created this map from scratch for someone else's campaign years ago.
CMRT email file here

Hex L6.jpg

Hex M7 - @eniced73 vs @nektoman

3-8-1 and 3-8-3 attack 3-7-1
Two Soviet tank companies are attacking an Axis tank company in woods.
CMRT email file here

Hex M7.jpg

Hex M9 - @Stafford vs @Redbully

3-9-2 and 3-9-1 attack 3-7-2
Two Soviet tank destroyer companies are attacking an Axis tank company in an open hex.
CMRT email file here

Hex M9.jpg

P.S. The yellow blobs are the map 'occupy' objectives.
They don't necessarily need to be used though.
For instance, an attacker could fight and damage a defender and not take the map.
The only consequence being that they would not take the hex.
Or they might inflict enough damage to cause the defender to disband, in which case they would take the hex anyway.

Last edited:

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
By the way, here's some pics I created to help promote kohlenklau's Operation Nyak Leves campaign.
The top one is from this turn's hex L6 map, on the main street.
The others are from maps I created as well, and are likely to be used at some point in the campaign.

Opel Blitz.jpg

terrain comparison 01.jpg

tanks crossing bridge.jpg

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
It's strange - although we have about a dozen players per side signed up, there are only about 4 or 5 active players on each side.
Makes me wonder if people don't know about the email notification system.
Maybe they just want to spectate...or maybe lost interest. :confused:

Kraut

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
It's strange - although we have about a dozen players per side signed up, there are only about 4 or 5 active players on each side.
Makes me wonder if people don't know about the email notification system.
Maybe they just want to spectate...or maybe lost interest. :confused:
The Soviets enlisted themselves only for the Campaign medal... ;) If your side surrenders now - you can get your medal earlier.

Stafford

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
@Concord Maybe put a post out for those who signed up to reply to within a few days, if no activity, request fresh meat for the grinder volunteers to replace them.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Sure. But I'll give @Nathangun a chance to sort it out first. I believe we have enough volunteers for this turn - I just need to know who is fighting, and where.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
The Soviet team have selected their battle commanders.
The battles post (#9, above) has been updated.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Just a reminder guys, that when you start, create a thread in your 'secret' forum for battle reports.
Name it something like 'BB T5 hex __'. Maybe also add the word Axis or Soviet to help me navigate too. :)
Your setup and your plan is a very interesting phase of the battle and can affect the rest of the fight.

Any questions about purchasing can be directed to me (in your secret forum).
Any questions about goals can be directed to your C.O. and team.

Have a good battle.