Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Brigade Battles - Turn 1

Hello Good Men,

I think that's about it for the preparations.
It took about two weeks!...although the draft rules and battle map assembly was done early last year.

@Badger73 has helped with setting up this mini forum, and will shortly be allocating players to their private forums.
You will know it is ready when you can no longer see the other side's forum at the top.
Once that happens, you can start discussions of strategy in secret.

All units will be moving onto the strategic map.
The Russians get the first move, because they had the initiative historically. Germans will enter on turn 2.

I hope you enjoy the competition guys. To arms!

1562954302_p1080592_1cyvz42untz48gc80cs0skk00_ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4_th.jpeg

P.S. For those of you fairly new to The Few Good Men forums, note that at the top of each area is a 'Watch' button on the right side.
If you click it, you can select 'get email notifications' for new threads, which is a useful tool for keeping up to date with the campaign.
Some threads you may want to select it for every new post that happens within an important thread.

Last edited:

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
A short documentary on the Panzer IV. The backbone of the German Panzers.
About half way through, it shows some of the crew areas.

Inside a T34. Dusty and noisy.

The T34-85. Restored and on the move.

Last edited:

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Panzerknacker @Stafford @Shorker @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Sgt Grunt @Panzer_Kraut @Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @Fredrocker @olaf @MeatEtr

Hello Good Men,

For those of you who haven't done so already, please post something in the thread your CO's have started in the secret mini-mini forums at the top of Brigade Battles.
This will confirm that you have access to where you need to be and that you are still keen to participate. Let me know if there are any issues.

There won't be any battles for the first 2 turns, as the brigades approach each other.
I'm hoping that we can use the upcoming weekend to get to turn 3. Game on! :p

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Designer's note.

The setting of the operation is south-eastern Poland near the Ukrainian border.
The names of the towns are lifted randomly from a list of WW2 Polish fighter pilot aces.

Here's one example.
Skalski is the name of one of the villages in the southeast of the map.

Stanislaw Skalski

When Germany invaded Poland in 1939, he destroyed 7 enemy planes in the first few days, making him the first Allied air ace of World War II.
After Poland fell, he escaped via Romania to England and joined the RAF 501 Squadron. He got 4 kills in his first month.

After taking down a bomber and 2 Messerschmitts, he was shot and forced to eject.
He was badly burned, but spent only 6 weeks in hospital.
Unable to to run to his plane because of his wounds, he would sit in his cockpit during his shifts, ready to scramble.

He joined the 306 Polish Squadron, and was promoted to commander in 1942.
He lead the squadron to many victories over Africa, Sicily and Italy.
By the end of the war, he had 22 confirmed victories.

Stanislaw Skalski.jpg

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
The Sturmgeschütz III.
More of these were produced than any other fully tracked German vehicle during WW2 (over 10,000 of them).
Racked up more kills against Allied armour than any other German vehicles too.

The SU-85.
SU = samohodnaya ustanovka = self propelled carriage.
It used a modified 85mm anti-aircraft gun, on the chassis, hull, engine and transmission of the T-34.
Surprisingly agile!

Last edited:

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Hello Good Men,

Welcome to the weekend.

@Nathangun and his officers are planning the first Russian move - with the help of the Photoshop file I supplied - @Panzerknacker do you think you will download it and use it too?

All going well, we will be able to complete turn 1 soon-ish, and the German team can start planning their moves for turn 2.

It's a long weekend here in Western Australia, and I have quite a busy social schedule booked - although I should be able to pop in regularly to see how things are going.

Game on! :p