FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
I will provide an updated Photoshop file (for download) of the current situation shortly.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
The SG-43 Goryunov, a Soviet medium machine gun that was a replacement for the older M1910 Maxim.

Air cooled, and the heavy barrel could be easily changed.
Capable of 500 to 700 rounds per minute, and effective range of over a kilometre.
It was used in armoured vehicles, wheeled mounts (often with a gun shield) and on tripods (often in an AA role).

I guess the wheeled mount could be helpful...but I wonder how easy it would be over rough terrain (like scambling up a steep slope). Looks heavy.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
So ... this (post 1, above, the Soviet moves) is visible to both sides?

Should the Axis side know exactly where the Soviets are, and the lines of advance, plus strengths allocated?? Already??

With apologies if it already says this in the rules ...

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Yes, this was a deliberate design consideration, to reduce the work for the GM. And it is in the rules.

FOW would have been nice, as well as simultaneous moves, but they entail so much calculation and time.
I don't want the campaign to become an unwelcome chore (for me), and have it fizzle out like many campaigns do.

Much like a traditional board game, both sides take turns and can see all the counters.
I mentally justified this by considering that the abstracted ground and aerial recon units are doing their job well.