FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Okay, keep me informed. I hope I haven't made a mistake as GM, but I can't think of anything.

The issue PhilM had was due to a purchasing error by his opponent, which had to be redone, causing PhilM to have to do his setup again from scratch.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
Well this is odd.
I wonder if I am having the same issue as @PhilM

I did my setup and sent file 004 to @Shorker
Shorker sent back file 005 and all my guys are bunched up on one end of the setup zone and now I have to do my set up all over again(?)
Odd indeed.

I'm in contact with Shorker and will wait to hear back from him and see what he has to say why this may have happened.
Not the same issue as mine: as @Concord has kindly explained above, my setup(s) were OK in themselves, just that I had to go back a step and re-do it ...

Hope you get your issue sorted out!

(FWIW, no sign yet of the next turn 005 file from my opponent ... though I did take a while to be able to re-do my setup turn 004 ...)

Gunner

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
tramos1@optonline.net
It seems to have been an issue of me using H2HH while Shorker is not.
With H2HH closed I moved the game file manually from the Dropbox to the Incoming email folder and it worked fine.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
Well this is odd.
I wonder if I am having the same issue as @PhilM

I did my setup and sent file 004 to @Shorker
Shorker sent back file 005 and all my guys are bunched up on one end of the setup zone and now I have to do my set up all over again(?)
Odd indeed.

I'm in contact with Shorker and will wait to hear back from him and see what he has to say why this may have happened.
Can't say I can recall this specific problem occurring ever before ...!

When you say your guys are bunched up at one end of the setup zone ... is that where they were placed by the game when you first got access to the setup? (As they often are bunched in a corner ...)

Or somewhere different from how they first appeared, but just not where you put them?

Just a thought:

If I'm pondering my setup (which I have been known to do ...), and can only get part-way through it in one sitting, I save off local file(s) to re-open, before hitting the BRB when I'm content to move on the turn and generate the next file ... (hopefully remembering to re-number the auto file name to what it should be in the correct turn sequence ... to try and avoid mis-numbering, I usually call my interims 003a, 003b, etc until I'm ready to hit go and change it to 004 ... the letter part at the end reminds me that it's not a "proper" turn number)

If - if - you did that this time, you *might* have mistakenly hit "go" on one of the earlier, unfinished setup files, rather than sent on the one that was finished??

Just a thought ...

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
It seems to have been an issue of me using H2HH while Shorker is not.
With H2HH closed I moved the game file manually from the Dropbox to the Incoming email folder and it worked fine.
Sorry! My last post crossed with yours ...

Gunner

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
tramos1@optonline.net
Thanks for the thoughts anyway.
I've never experienced this before but I don't think I ever played anyone not using H2HH while I was.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Just a reminder guys, to make regular battle reports in your battle thread.
Some are. Some aren't.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Panzerknacker @Coopes
Guys, it's been about a week since we've seen any turns.
Is there any news of Coopes whereabouts?

To keep the campaign from stagnating, at least a turn a day is recommended.
If life is getting in the way, then in fairness, please let your side and your opponent know.
Post something in the open turn thread so everyone is informed.

If we haven't heard from Coopes shortly, we will have to get another commander to take over the Axis side of hex O9.

Coopes

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ncooper43@yahoo.co.uk
@Panzerknacker @Coopes
Guys, it's been about a week since we've seen any turns.
Is there any news of Coopes whereabouts?

To keep the campaign from stagnating, at least a turn a day is recommended.
If life is getting in the way, then in fairness, please let your side and your opponent know.
Post something in the open turn thread so everyone is informed.

If we haven't heard from Coopes shortly, we will have to get another commander to take over the Axis side of hex O9.
I’m around.
Started a new job. Good now though. Don’t 2 turns tonight already. Should be able to keep up that pace now.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Hex O9 @Coopes vs @PhilM Good reporting guys. Great to watch the battle unfold.
Hex O8 @Shorker vs @Gunner How goes the battles guys? Shorker posted an update last weekend. Gunner?
Hex P9 @Wellsonian vs @MeatEtr What's happening with this battle guys? Is it even underway? We got a setup report from MeatEtr last month, and nothing from Wellsonian yet.

MeatEtr

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Hex O9 @Coopes vs @PhilM Good reporting guys. Great to watch the battle unfold.
Hex O8 @Shorker vs @Gunner How goes the battles guys? Shorker posted an update last weekend. Gunner?
Hex P9 @Wellsonian vs @MeatEtr What's happening with this battle guys? Is it even underway? We got a setup report from MeatEtr last month, and nothing from Wellsonian yet.
Yeah we're several turns in. My guess is most of these battles wont go long. Just too many Axis forces to fight.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Just a reminder everyone, that I am depending on all players to make regular DAR's, - for their fellow players, their CO's and myself.
Even if it is a sentence of text every 3 or 4 turns, whether something dramatic has happened or not.
It is a requirement of participation in the campaign, and it is what makes it a team sport.
What is required to participate

You must be able to:
- Check the campaign forum regularly (and have email notifications for new threads in this section turned on).
- When you are assigned a battle, you must try to keep up the pace of PBEM game turns to at least once a day (within reason - real life takes priority obviously).
- If you will be away longer than a few days, inform your fellow players (and be prepared for someone to possibly take over your battle).
- When you start a battle, you will need to make regular updates (every few turns) on the forums regarding how the battle is progressing and any interesting developments.
Regular text reporting is the minimum. The occasional accompanying picture (or even video) will be appreciated by your fellow team mates (and me!).
- After each battle, you and your opponent will be required to work out percentage of damage for your side (using simple calculations) and report the results.
Thanks.
Game on!

Shorker

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Only in case a participiant does not know "how to" or what tools to use for to make screenshots, here is a short recommendation from my side:

For making screenshots I'm using FRAPS. There is a free demo version which also allows you to make screenshots. --> https://www.fraps.com

After the screenshot has been taken, I'm going to edit it with "3D Paint" included in my Windows 10 operating system (or maybe I loaded 3D Paint for free from the windows store
(don't know exactly but it is for free anyway).

Then I load up the edited screenshot to IMGUR ---> https://imgur.com . There is a comfortable function for to "copy" the link of the uploaded photo/screenshot with just one click.

At last I'm opening a new answer to a thread here on the FGM website. I write a short comment "paste" the screenshot link in. That's all. ;) Quick and easy.

(P.S.: Does anyone know a better tool than "FRAPS" ? Please let me know. Thx!)

Here an example from my battle against Gunner in Hex O8 (OK, it should read "where" it was coming from...)

Nathangun

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com
(P.S.: Does anyone know a better tool than "FRAPS" ? Please let me know. Thx!)
If you have Drop Box you can press the 'print screen' button that will make a copy of your screen shot in a folder called 'screenshots' in DB folder. Or you can press 'ctrl & G' on windows 10 should bring up the X-box control thingy.