Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Hello Good Men,

Just a reminder.

The results of each battle are important to the campaign.
The damage your unit takes is recorded, so conserving troops is important.
The damage you inflict on the enemy units is recorded too.

If there is a situation where a side wants to capitulate mid-battle, the procedure is this:
You get the okay from your CO. If approved, post your intention to do so here on the forum, and to your opponent.
Then, in the next immediately available turns, you and your opponent must choose Ceasefire in game.
The AAR screen is what is used to calculate battle casualties for both sides.

For this first round of battles, I can assist with the post-battle calculations.

When all the battles are complete, we'll have a discussion on how to proceed with the campaign.
The Soviet side may decide to continue as is, but there is also the option of an easy restart to the campaign, with some minor rule tweaks.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Panzerknacker @Stafford @Shorker @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Sgt Grunt @Panzer_Kraut @JTimo @Kraut
@Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @Fredrocker @olaf @MeatEtr

Hello Good Men,

The battle results for hex O8 are in. Gunner's single armoured company was destroyed with 100% losses, and Shorker's 3 companies suffered 10% losses each.
Thank you for playing commanders, for posting detailed battle reports, and for your post battle calculations.

I'd like to see reports continue to come in from both sides, for the battles in O9 and P9 please.

When all battles are completed, we will have a discussion about how to proceed.
With a much deserved tip of my hat to Panzerknacker's excellent strategy this turn, I think it has also highlighted some basic shortfalls in the rules that need to be addressed.
With that in mind, I'd like players to consider the idea of a campaign restart.
If we do a restart, we would keep the teams as they are, and the forums as they are, and simply label the new turn threads with 'redux' (eg. BB Turn 1 Redux).
Whether we do that or not, this first turn of battles has been a valuable test run for the campaign's rules and mechanics.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
@Coopes ... thanks very much for playing out our battle! I enjoyed it, and had fun ... hope you did too.

I understand from @Concord that it should have had a hard ending after the time ran out, but it seems to have gone into "extra time"? If the turn rolls over again next time, I will put in a ceasefire, as requested by Concord.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
I had a look at the quick battle creation screen, and it only has the turns that you can set - not any overtime limits.
Anyone have insights?

Coopes

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ncooper43@yahoo.co.uk
@PhilM yea was fun and tough.

when I get home I will hit the ceasefire button.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Panzerknacker @Stafford @Shorker @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Sgt Grunt @Panzer_Kraut @JTimo @Kraut @LastLeigh
@Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @Fredrocker @olaf @MeatEtr

Hello Good Men,

All battles are now complete, for this prototype version of the campaign.

Panzerknacker's massive armored strike utilizing the entire 3rd Regiment destroyed their target, a Soviet armored battalion.
The strength losses to each Axis armored battalion that attacked were 10%, 20% and 30%.

Thank you to all commanders who played and for keeping us up to date with their during-action-reports!
And thanks to the Axis commanders for doing their post battle calculations - all done perfectly.

Some adjustments to the rules have been made, such as +1MP for moving adjacent to enemy and a maximum of 2 attacking units.
We are considering the implications of possibly using fog of war for BB redux.
But very, very soon we'll be ready for the relaunch of the campaign!

Hope everyone is enjoying it...game on!