Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Best WW2 Combat Flight Sim for Mac

C

ChappyCanuck

Hey guys...I remember in the 1990's playing "Battle of Britain" on my comp, complete with joystick, Spitfire on Messerschmidt and vice versa. Great game. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good WW2 combat flight sim that is Mac worthy? Thanks!

I remember "Battle of Britain" too, was awesome back then. Never got the dive bombing down, kept smacking into the ground, lol. The dog fighting was real, you had to keep at outmaneuvering your opponents, especially if you had 2-3 Bf 109's against your Spitfire.

You are correct - the dive bombing took a lot of practice! I enjoyed it because there was strategic planning as well as tactical air combat.

There aren't any worthy of the mac because sim devs have determined that macs aren't worthy of their high fidelity sims ;). In all seriousness though, there aren't any to recommend simply due to the fact none of the current combat sims are available for the mac. The only current sim you can get for mac is X-Plane 11, but that's not what you're looking for since its focus is civil aviation. You really have only two options if you want to scratch your ww2 combat sim itch:

1. Get Bootcamp and a copy of Windows to fly the current sims.
2. Join PC Master Race. You know you want to.

Bahahaha I left PC Master Race in 2007 and never looked back! Good thing too!

Not sure if this would fit your sim "itch" but as far as I know, WW II online and War Thunder run both under Mac OS.

I've been using boot camp on my mid-2010 Mac Pro for years to fly DCS and IL-2 in VR. It's vert doable if you want to do combat fight sims.

I really think that the real reason the IL-2 and DCS aren’t developing for Mac is economics. There are just not enough players who use a Mac. Also, since a Mac user is able to run Windows on Bootcamp, and therefore run those game and sim, it doesn’t make economical sense to port them over to the Mac. X-plane, on the other hand, Is developed on the Mac and then ported to Windows and Linux.

Back