Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Black Sea 1.04 patch is up

Gnarly

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/123758-black-sea-v104-released/

Download from http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2322&Itemid=587

CMBS v1.04 WHATS NEW
INFANTRY WEAPONS:

• Effectiveness of the M-25 CDTE's HE grenade has been increased against enemy troops.
  • More models of recoilless weapons can fire indoors, and with less suppression on the firing troops.
  • Infantry mortar teams will now use their mortars when given a Target Light area fire command.
  • FIXED: Disposable AT weapons not disappearing from the soldier's kit after use.
  • FIXED: Igla S missile offset from tube when launching.
  • FIXED: Rarely an AT-14 team would be unable to finish deploying the ATGM inside houses.
  • FIXED: M25 CDTE has 5-round magazine.
VEHICLES:

• IFVs with cannons and ATGMs will more intelligently choose which weapon systems to engage enemy vehicles with.
  • Abrams tank side turret armor (both base armor and ERA) is now less effective at defending against tandem HEAT warheads.
  • Russian Kontakt-1 and Kontakt-5 ERA are now less effective at defending against tandem HEAT warheads.
  • Abrams smoke deploys slightly more slowly.
  • Ukrainian tank ammunition loads have been adjusted. Oplot-M now carries APFSDS 3BM42 Mango (instead of Zubr), and T-64BV now carries APFSDS 3BM22 Zokolka (instead of APFSDS 3BM42 Mango). T-6DBV now carries 3BK18 HEAT shells instead of 3BK18M.
  • BTR-80A, BTR-82, and BTR-82A are now more willing to area fire in low visibility conditions.
  • 2K22M Tunguska does not have thermal optics (the 2K22M1 still does).
  • FIXED: The AT-10's tandem HEAT warhead from the BMP-3/3M was too weak against ERA.
  • FIXED: Sometimes Bradley and Abrams ERA blocks would fail to function, allowing HEAT warheads to travel through them and hit the base armor unimpeded.
  • FIXED: At close LOD, BMP-2M would look like a BMP-2.
SUPPORT:

• FIXED: UAV thermal vision works better in poor weather.
Quick Battles:

• QB prices of fortifications have been increased.
  • Tunguska SPAA QB price increased.
Artwork:

• Improved textures for M110.
  • Improved textures for Skif.
  • Improved textures for AK-74M.
  • Added muddy textures for MT-12 Rapira.
  • Corrected some mismapped textures in a few flavor objects.
  • Small adjustments to a variety of vehicle models.
Misc Bug Fixes

• FIXED: M1167 Humvees would sometimes count as a tank kill on the AAR screen.
  • FIXED: Unit crossing bridge would sometimes get stuck or needlessly zigzag.
  • FIXED: Sometimes a wire fence would stay upright after a vehicle rolled through it.
  • FIXED: A specific Independant House building model had opaque windows.
  • FIXED: Other minor misc bug fixes.

Last Updated ( Thursday, 20 October 2016 )

Last edited:
Finally T-90s were boosted in armor a bit because it was unplayable against Abrams. Every hit cause T-90 to blow up like firecracker.

@spidey I'm not sure if those small adjustments in armour on the T90 are likely to make them more likely to survive an encounter with an M1. I think it is more likely that it will help with encounters with lessor vehicles. The M1's gun can over power the T90's armour in most encounters. The changes might mean that at longer ranges the T90 might be more likely to survive but that's about it. Unless you are referring to the T90AM now having the improved turrent ammo storage modelled. They will be a lot less likely to catastrophically explode when hit.

Seems there was a snafu on the BF shop pages with the readme: I think the original posted readme was actually a composite of 1.03 and 1.04. I've now corrected the quoted readme above.

Finally T-90s were boosted in armor a bit because it was unplayable against Abrams. Every hit cause T-90 to blow up like firecracker.
Stop Complaining that was my good shootin boyz... :singer:

Note also, I think 1.03 game is not compatible at all with 1.04 saves? I'm still on 1.03, and have just received a 1.04 turn from an opponent, and my BS refuses to recognize it.

Correct. Apparently there was a change to something in the file format - which is when the old version does not list the newer game's files.

You can have two copies of the game installed - and patch one of them. If you copy the game install directory and then inst all the patch on one of them. Then you can run either game during the transition. Just make sure you remove Vin's Animated text mod from the shared mod folder.

Back