Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Bolt Action (By Warlord Games)

S

Some_Stranger

br1.jpg

Bolt Action by Warlord Games
Hello everyone! I'm new here but I'm noticing a lack of Bolt Action. Bolt action is a WW2 themed game featuring many true to life units from the era. You have Russian Tank Dogs, Japanese bomb lances, and even the German Goliath (as well as many many less unique units). I myself have a Soviet themed army, fitted with Snipers, Rifle Squads, and a KV-2. The game is set in the 28mm scale, so if you've ever played Warhammer you know how they might look.

Personally, I enjoy the game more-so for the models and their appearance on a shelf. The fact that you can play this with a friend is a good bonus though. Curious as to anyone who might have played this or if they are interested in collecting some of the tanks to paint them up and lay them on a shelf.

While I don't do miniatures, I'm impressed by those with the talent to paint up some realistic figures. Good job!

My Wargaming days started with Dad. He got me into WWII HO ROCO Minitanks & 1/76 Airfix figures back in the 70's, then switched over to Micro-Armor back in 80's.

I have seen Bolt-Action and Chain of Command on Youtube, but prefer the latter.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.JPG
    IMG_4057.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
That Terrain is actually for GHQ-C&C Micro-Armor (5-6mm figs). There are about a dozen 2x4' sections and couple 2x2' that are set pieces (total size table is 6 x 18'). Most of the time only a small portion of game table gets used (4x6').
So unfortunately, they won't work with 15mm to well. Now, I do have a large Olive Green Cloth I can use for 15mm, but will need to purchase all the accessories (buildings, etc).

Last edited:
Just got around to building my new wargaming table... before had a heavy board 6x4' that was stored in the garage, and never played on! What was the dining/party room I just "converting" into my wargaming room. My kids informed me that my days of preparing large dinners for them all (Christmas, etc) were over! So gave my daughter the table and chairs and started work. Nothing as grand as yours, but I hope to have it up and running very soon.

I take a photo in the next couple of days.

If ever interested in playing the Classic and Newer versions of Tractics (Micro-Armor through 25mm scales), then you can pick-up the Hard-Bond, Soft-Bond, or PDF (cheapest option) below...

They tend to be a little more realistic compared to other Skirmish games, but more time consuming.

Last edited:
I'd like to try this game, but I don't have the time, space, or friends for it.

Back