Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[BOOK] Monty's Men by John Buckley

HOA_KSOP

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
A reassessment of how the British Army under Montgomery prosecuted the war in NW Europe. Fairly evaluates the British Army's performance, evolution and contributions to the victory over Germany. I have more respect for the balancing act that Monty to had to juggle to meet Churchill's strategic demands "Win, but don't take a lot of casualties...." . Well worth your time to read if you are interested in how Monty molded the British Army to meet Churchill's demands.

Last edited:
Le t me elaborate some, my review was more of an endorsement than a review. The book details how British Army tactics evolved to the set piece very focused battle plan and how a combined arms approach was developed and defined that minimized casual;ties while maximizing damage to the enemy. Very interesting information on how the British developed artillery command and control and counterbattery methods, assault methods and the interplay between armor and infantry.

Back